Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 4.4TDv8 does Terrapod at tickover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
4.4TDv8 does Terrapod at tickover

This is my last video of the event and is 4 minutes long. The driver is one of the Land Rover Experience guys who also tells us how to use Gradient release and the surround cam. Just listen out for the intrusive engine noises................. :shock:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #32820 22nd Oct 2010 9:16am
scene247

United Kingdom 

OMG! - I think I've made a massive mistake, sounds like a tractor and just can't hear a thing being said for the engine noise. Big Cry

I need to sell now, anyone interested? 2011MY RR Vogue, Baltic Blue, Jet interior. One very careful owner, 0 miles travelled (only delivery milage), due for delivery on 19th Nov.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Seriously though, looks great and makes me even more excited to get mine, drive away from the dealer and straight into the field opposite!

One thing that I'm not certain on is the rotary gear selector, great that the gear lever is no longer obstructing the clock from driver's seat. But may take some geting used too. It's only going to be noticable really going into reverse I suppose.

Tim, thanks for write up, pics and videos. And amazing weather, didn't know there was such a thing as blue sky in Scotland!

Post #32824 22nd Oct 2010 9:48am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

I agree about the rotary gear selector, but I think it will just be a case of re-educating yourself, but it doesn't feel natural to be turning a knob to select reverse and it's an easier wrist movement to move a lever backward and forward. I wish through at the same time they had moved the EPB switch down onto the console from the front edge of the cubby box as that is also another not so ergonomic design application!
BTW today the weather is back to normal for the time of year - Stornaway Grey! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #32830 22nd Oct 2010 10:08am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

relax scene Razz there is nothing more moving than a stonking great Turbocharged V8 Diesel on song - don't you watch Ice Road Truckers???????????????????? Laughing

Post #32833 22nd Oct 2010 10:10am
JOKER

Scotland 

Rotary gear selector is fine when you get used to it , thought the same with the wife's jag XF , doddle now Thumbs Up

Post #32845 22nd Oct 2010 10:36am
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

Good video, very impressive!
You can barely hear the engine! I've got the impression it is quieter than the 3.6 TDV8 at tickover, mine sounds like a tractor in comparison!

Post #32863 22nd Oct 2010 11:11am
Tim in Scotland

CSK, compared to the 2010 TDv8 3.6 i reckon it isn't a lot quieter, it is quieter but not by a huge margin and it is most noticably quieter at tickover when it is almost silent. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #32873 22nd Oct 2010 11:25am
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

So the 2010 must be quieter than the pre-facelift car as mine sounds really like a diesel at tickover and low speed. They'll have a 4.4 TDV8 demo at my local dealer next month so I'll go and have a look and will ask about the DPF at the same time as he was the one who said he specified all 3.6 TDV8 cars without DPF because he had lots of clients complaining about this.

Post #32890 22nd Oct 2010 11:55am
Tim in Scotland

2010MY cars appear to be quieter because they have sound reducing laminated front side windows as standard for that reason. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #32892 22nd Oct 2010 11:58am
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba

Is it a man thing? I love the sound of my TDV8 ticking over, yes it is more noisy than a petrol 7 series, but boy you really hear the latent power.
Can't wait to hear a 4.4 myself, lots of lottery tickets to be bought I reckon!

Post #32893 22nd Oct 2010 11:59am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
2010MY cars appear to be quieter because they have sound reducing laminated front side windows as standard for that reason.

Tim this was std from the 06 MY onwards

Post #32895 22nd Oct 2010 12:09pm
Tim in Scotland

so why was there all the fuss about it when 2010MY was launched Vogue? 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #32897 22nd Oct 2010 12:13pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

specman wrote:
Is it a man thing? I love the sound of my TDV8 ticking over, yes it is more noisy than a petrol 7 series, but boy you really hear the latent power.
Can't wait to hear a 4.4 myself, lots of lottery tickets to be bought I reckon!

me too I want to hear the engine! there is too much of this noise obsession and not being able to hear a car - I need to know that the engine is running and it gives me an audible indication of revs when towing or off road without having to look at the rev counter.

I also like a gear lever - hate dials!

In a few years time they will be refitting gear levers as the latest invention, just like they did with the push button starting and now the marketing tossers call it launch control - except cars had launch control back in the 1930's and 40's Confused

Post #32898 22nd Oct 2010 12:13pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
so why was there all the fuss about it when 2010MY was launched Vogue?

they said exactly the same thing for the 06 MY - new laminated front windows to reduce engine noise... it was even in the brochure. You can see it on the vehicles just wind the front windows down on any 06 and there it is... there were loads of posts on it couple of years back on here

Post #32900 22nd Oct 2010 12:16pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

Quote:
they said exactly the same thing for the 06 MY - new laminated front windows to reduce engine noise...

Yes, my 55 plate had laminated front door windows.

Post #32902 22nd Oct 2010 12:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>