Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Autocar tests 2011 TDV8 this week
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Autocar tests 2011 TDV8 this week

Verdict: 4.5/5 stars - Still unique;now even better and more relevant to today's buyer.

"Even 9 Years after its launch, the Range Rover remains an extremely competitive car and one that, in many ways, is without a direct rival, such is the breadth of its abilities. Few cars are capable of following it offroad, and those that can are notable more utilitarian (Tim: that'll be the Defender then?). Elsewhere it has presence to rival Bentley and and interior to match (Tim: oh no, it's nothing like a VW inside surely, it's way better)

"The changes - these latest ones and those seen last year- have significantly enhanced its appeal. The adaptive dampers improve both ride comfort and body control; and the interior upgrades have kept it at the forefront of cabin design. But it is the arrival of a world-class diesel engine that has done most for it, not only because it sets new performance criteria for a diesel-powered Range Rover, but also because it provides an answer to the environmental question hanging over the cars future"

Autocar compares it to the X5 xDrive40d M Sport, Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Mercedes GL450 CDi, and infiniityFX30d S Premiun - FFRR Autobiography 4.4TDv8 came top in the ratings, the rest followed in the same order as the list above, it would have been a fairer comparison had they used Vogue rather than an Autobiography because the price difference between the RR and the rest is nearly 100% more in the case of the Cayenne - even a Vogue at £68k is a lot pricier than any of the competition.

If anybody wants me to scan the 8 pages of the article let me know and I will scan them to a PDf here or post them in my photobucket album. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #32920 22nd Oct 2010 4:20pm
Java Jungle

Monaco 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Nara Bronze

AS ALWAYS TIM, YOU'RE ON TOP OF THINGS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS Bow down Bow down Bow down

JJ

Post #32935 22nd Oct 2010 5:25pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

No need to go through the trouble of scanning the article as it is visible online at http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTe...hy/253532/

Post #32959 22nd Oct 2010 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1