Home > General > 2006MY Questions - From a newbie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
GJOB

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black
2006MY Questions - From a newbie

Hi all,

After hours of trawlling through the searches I haven't been able to find any guidance on the following questions, hopefully some of you kind folks can help me out.

Firstly, in the manual there are references to several features which state the dealer must activate/deactivate such as Single Point Entry, Speed Locking etc - is there any 'hack' to set these up myself?

Next, the service indicator is supposed to flash up when the ignition is first switched on, mine doesn't. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't knwo when the next service is due, I have tried checking the messages too.

Is there a way to have the mirrors auto fold when locking the car?

Where is the best place to get the latest Sat Nav DVD's with speed cameras on? (PM me if it's a secret;))

I found some info on the iPhone but mainly for the older models, is there a cradle available or and aux/usb port upgrade and a software flash so it becomes more reliable to connect?

And finally, there's lots of info about remaps and am interested in the JE one as they're only up the road. Does anyone have one fitted witht the option of switching back to the old map for any warranty work to be carried out and is it likely to lunch my gearbox?

Sorry for all the questions in one thread, I was looking for a TechWiki similar to the Lotus forum but to no avail.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Post #33918 26th Oct 2010 10:25pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

Here goes...

Quote:
Firstly, in the manual there are references to several features which state the dealer must activate/deactivate such as Single Point Entry, Speed Locking etc - is there any 'hack' to set these up myself?

No, they must be set by a dealer as far as I know via the ECU.

Quote:
Next, the service indicator is supposed to flash up when the ignition is first switched on, mine doesn't. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't knwo when the next service is due, I have tried checking the messages too.

It will say "oil service" if it's due. If you have no history with the car at all, get it done now!

Quote:
Is there a way to have the mirrors auto fold when locking the car?

Not that I know of. Dealer programable maybe?

Quote:
And finally, there's lots of info about remaps and am interested in the JE one as they're only up the road. Does anyone have one fitted witht the option of switching back to the old map for any warranty work to be carried out and is it likely to lunch my gearbox?

Go to JE and you should be alright. It should be within the gearbox tolerances.
I've heard of high power conversions eating gearboxes. But I doubt JE would sell you one of those as they have a very good reputation to uphold.

Post #33919 26th Oct 2010 10:30pm
Avi

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Alveston Red
Re: 2006MY Questions - From a newbie

GJOB wrote:

Where is the best place to get the latest Sat Nav DVD's with speed cameras on? (PM me if it's a secret;))

I don;t think you can get speed cameras for the MY2006 onwards, only for the 02-05

GJOB wrote:

I found some info on the iPhone but mainly for the older models, is there a cradle available or and aux/usb port upgrade and a software flash so it becomes more reliable to connect?

Wiggs can help you with this, and may be able to reflash your module to support the iphone correctly.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post32540.html#32540

Post #33923 26th Oct 2010 10:33pm
stevegt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

Key options are definitely a dealer thing as you need to have the body control ecu programmed for each option on each key.

You can get Nav DVD update via Rapidshare or bittorrent websites. You will need a DVD burner that burns Double layer DVDs to get it onto a disk and into the car.

Correct no speed camera database for touch screen models (05MY onwards).

iPhone is supported via bluetooth on 05MY onwards vehicles but to get phonebook on the touchscreen you need to have the firmware updated. This is done at the dealer and ensure that they select the "Phonebook over Bluetooth" option on there machine. Alternatively it may work out cheaper and easier for you to just buy a replacement module. The software update will be an hours labour and the new module will be about £160. There is no need to configure it just unplug the old one and plug in the replacement. Take the old one back to your dealer otherwise you will be charged a £70 surcharge.

No cradle options available for iPhone yet but there is the LR audio connectivity module that will work on all touch screen models despite LR only saying only 07MY onwards (the only difference is the location of some audio components).

Auto fold mirrors is a definite no on all FFRR's upto 09MY. Not sure about the newer models but there are some people looking into trying to get it to work but so far nothing. 06MY 4.4 V8 Autobiography Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #34039 27th Oct 2010 7:14pm
GJOB

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. I'd better get friendly with my dealer!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
S

Post #34067 28th Oct 2010 7:03am
GJOB

I've got a couple more questions if you guys don't mind?

I've only just noticed the drivers rubber mat is missing, does anyone sell the the drivers only mat rather than the full kit? even fleabay only seems to have cheapo kits.

My N/S revering lamp is letting water in (and has been for some time by the look of the green gunge building up in the corner). I have found a part described as "Reverse Auto Lamp - Genuine Land RoverPart No.: XZQ000090" on rimmerbros website, is this the correct replacment part as it seems a bit cheap at £8?

and finally, the manual refers to a cubby box under the passenger seat, mine is missing, is this a replaceable item?

I'm making progress on my earlier questions and will keep any new ones in this thread to stop me clogging up this excellent forum with my boring questions Very Happy

S

Post #34517 31st Oct 2010 10:27pm
stevegt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

Okay it looks like the mats come in a set of four, however there is a listing on MICROCAT for a set of 2 front ones. The part number is EAH000281PMA and RRP is £53.87 inc VAT.

The part number for the rear light that you mentioned is just a bulb and not the cluster. I seem to remember a recall to fix leaking rear lights. Check with a dealer to see if yours have been done.

The cubby box you mention was an optional part that was for stowage of the first aid kit and has now been discontinued. I want one of these but can't find any old stock anywhere.

Unfortunatley if you want to download the Nav DVD rather than buy it you will have to go through the rapidshare and download the 40 odd files. It will take a while but the file size is over 7gb! 06MY 4.4 V8 Autobiography Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #34530 1st Nov 2010 10:17am
GJOB

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated. Will check with the dealer for the mats and light then.

S

Post #34546 1st Nov 2010 1:14pm
liverpoolphil

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Tonga Green

The part number for the rear light that you mentioned is just a bulb and not the cluster. I seem to remember a recall to fix leaking rear lights. Check with a dealer to see if yours have been done.

didnt know this Shocked , anyone had the fix from the stealer?

Post #34565 1st Nov 2010 3:45pm
RRV

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

[quote="stevegt"]
The cubby box you mention was an optional part that was for stowage of the first aid kit and has now been discontinued. I want one of these but can't find any old stock anywhere.

quote]

I have one ,whats it worth to you?I took it out of my TD6 but it does not fit in the later 2007 MY!!

Make me an offer if you like? Thumbs Up If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #34570 1st Nov 2010 5:27pm
GJOB

[quote="RRV"]

stevegt wrote:

quote]

I have one ,whats it worth to you?I took it out of my TD6 but it does not fit in the later 2007 MY!!

Make me an offer if you like? Thumbs Up

I can offer you my company for the evening and a pint or 3 of your choice of beverage:D

I see you're in the Midlands, anywhere near me?
Bow down

Post #34576 1st Nov 2010 6:47pm
RRV

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Appreciate the offer of your company,however I am a very busy man & would find it hard to commit to a set time!!

Im in Burton Upon Trent,Staffs.

If you want it make me an offer(pm me if you prefer). Thumbs Up If you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all.

Post #34599 1st Nov 2010 10:12pm
GJOB

RRV wrote:
Appreciate the offer of your company,however I am a very busy man & would find it hard to commit to a set time!!

Im in Burton Upon Trent,Staffs.

If you want it make me an offer(pm me if you prefer). Thumbs Up

Ah, your miles away, I shall mull over your rejection Laughing and drop you a PM in the next couple of days.

S

Post #34638 2nd Nov 2010 3:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

simon ,disc posted and on its way.... Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #34641 2nd Nov 2010 4:00pm
GJOB

scarey wrote:
simon ,disc posted and on its way.... Thumbs Up

Thankyou very much sir.

Bluetooth upgrade next Smile Just need to full my finger out and get the serial number this weekend then Mr W will be receiving an order.

Last edited by GJOB on 2nd Nov 2010 10:20pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #34650 2nd Nov 2010 9:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>