Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Novice Green Laning in Surrey this Sunday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
anchorman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Novice Green Laning in Surrey this Sunday

Hi all

I have a couple of spare hours this coming Sunday afternoon and I would like to put my L322 through its paces off-road. It's a 2011 TDV8 Vogue. Running Pirelli Scorpion Zeros (19 in). I haven't driven off-road before, and so I don't want to take on anything too difficult. I'm down in Surrey on Sunday, near to Dorking, and have read that Wolvens Lane (from Coldharbour down to Wotton) is a good 'starter lane'. Video below:

Does anyone have any experience of this lane? Is it okay for a novice? Any tips (tyre pressures, what drivetrain settings I should use etc.)? Conscious that weather isn't great at the moment so am expecting a fair bit of standing water, although it seems like the soil is fairly well-drained/sandy. Sorry for sounding like a complete rookie! At some point I would like to get some tuition, but thus far family constraints and other driving priorities (I run a few other cars for weekend blasts and track days) have taken precedent recently.

Thanks!

Post #357826 20th Nov 2015 12:25pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Terrain looks fine, you would have no issues in normal driving mode, no need to mess with tyre pressures, FF would walk all of that lane with no issues at all...

BUT

It does look narrow in places, that guy was in a Jimney and he slowed several times for width... he's about 3ft narrower than your huge FF... There was also a section of overhanging big tree branches which look close...

Biggest problem I have laning mine, most lanes are Disco width so they will be very scratchy on your bodywork, I carry a chainsaw in the back and it's been used.... I've had to remove up to 8" of trees etc to get the FF through, it's fatter at the waste line just where you don't want it...

The amount of damage you get will depend on how often the lane has been used over the last growing season...!!! Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #357843 20th Nov 2015 7:16pm
dand

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Barolo Black

Yep, depending on the state of your bodywork now that could leave you with a lot of new scuffs.

Post #359599 29th Nov 2015 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1