Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > music streaming from iPhone on 2002 Vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
defenderr

Netherlands 
music streaming from iPhone on 2002 Vogue

I have 2002 Vogue with no aux in socket on the back of the arm rest console.

What would be the easiest way (least hassle, easy to fit) to add the ability to wirelessly play music from the iPhone on the existing in car entertainment system?
And one step up what would be the easiest way to upgrade the system to handsfree calling in addition to the music streaming?

Daniel

Post #359583 29th Nov 2015 5:44pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I've not tried one, but something like this looks to be a good option - not sure of the sound quality though - if you want good quality, you need install an aux in which means swapping the tuner - do a search on BM54 for that

Post #359585 29th Nov 2015 5:50pm
defenderr

Netherlands 

Thanks for that very quick reply!

I have used FM transmitters in another car in the past but it is a hassle. Especially when driving long distances as you keep having to change the frequency to avoid interference with radio stations.

I did do a search and saw BM54 but there have been so many posts that it gets a bit confusing. I'll have another look at BM54 posts though.
Would like to keep it as simple as possible, the Android head unit is tempting but takes a fair amount of fiddling to install.

Daniel

Post #359586 29th Nov 2015 5:56pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sorry - I meant BM53 Embarassed

Basically if you change that module in the boot, then there's a BMX aux in kit - once you install that, the head unit automatically recognises it's there Thumbs Up

Post #359591 29th Nov 2015 6:09pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

If you are looking for minimum hassle try one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00007E...ge_o00_s00

I use one with an iphone and although I believe other makes of the same type of item are renowned for being rubbish this one really does produce good quality sound. Having said that I am tone deaf. Thumbs Up

Post #359615 29th Nov 2015 7:59pm
defenderr

Netherlands 

Thanks but I don't think I have the cassette player.

Post #359619 29th Nov 2015 8:09pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Have you looked behind the display monitor?

Post #359620 29th Nov 2015 8:12pm
defenderr

Netherlands 

I checked and I do have a cassette player! Didn't know that!

The Sony adapter needs charging and will have a wire (with a headphone connector) hanging out, don't like that too much.

However that adapter got me thinking that there must be FM transmitters that you can connect to with Bluetooth, so no wires.

I found lots on Amazon and have just ordered this: Rii® Geartist GB01 Wireless Bluetooth Car Kit FM Transmitter.

Will have to live with changing frequency on longer trips but the advantage is that it can fit in the cubby box, so no dangling wires.

Cheapie solution to avoid changing the radio for a newer more capable one. I'm hoping it will work well.

Daniel

Post #359797 30th Nov 2015 4:22pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

When got my 2002 it came with a parrot mki9200 Bluetooth hands free I won't say it's brilliant but it does work, though the wireless knob goes flat too quickly so a wired one would be better, but you can play Bluetooth from your iPhone easy. Also you can connect to the old 30 pin type iPhones too and charge etc.
My radio packed up last week so just hoping Santa is about to buy the android unit for me I hope.
The only drawback playing Bluetooth is the sat navy voice from the car is silenced, though the maps work. I don't use iPhone nav though.

Post #359862 30th Nov 2015 9:59pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

If you don't want unsightly wires you could try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ion-Bluetooth-Ca...SwxH1UFuKL

or you'll have to go for an aux interface adapter like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-5-7-Series...TFTOyifynw

Or you can add handsfree phone as well with some thing like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grom-Bluetooth-h...SwgQ9V5vkk Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #359893 1st Dec 2015 2:59am
defenderr

Netherlands 

johnboyairey wrote:
When got my 2002 it came with a parrot mki9200 Bluetooth hands free I won't say it's brilliant but it does work, though the wireless knob goes flat too quickly so a wired one would be better, but you can play Bluetooth from your iPhone easy. Also you can connect to the old 30 pin type iPhones too and charge etc.
My radio packed up last week so just hoping Santa is about to buy the android unit for me I hope.
The only drawback playing Bluetooth is the sat navy voice from the car is silenced, though the maps work. I don't use iPhone nav though.

Thanks for suggesting the Parrot but I have it in another car and I HATE it with a vengeance.
I find the interface is ill thought out, it often doesn't work right and the battery goes dead quickly.

I hope Santa will grant your wish!

Daniel

Post #359954 1st Dec 2015 6:16pm
defenderr

Netherlands 

miggit wrote:
If you don't want unsightly wires you could try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ion-Bluetooth-Ca...SwxH1UFuKL

or you'll have to go for an aux interface adapter like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-5-7-Series...TFTOyifynw

Or you can add handsfree phone as well with some thing like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grom-Bluetooth-h...SwgQ9V5vkk

Thanks for your suggestion, they are useful!

The Grom looks like a good solution for me, the only drawback seems that you need to run a cable for the microphone from the boot to the front of the cabin.
I'll see how the bluetooth FM transmitter works and if it doesn't work well the Grom is currently top of my list.

Daniel

Post #359956 1st Dec 2015 6:20pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Don't get caught out bud, you do NOT need to run the mic cable from the boot as the Grom replaces the CD changer, which is in the glove box..........FYI you also don't need the 5 meter ipod lead Thumbs Up I found out the hard way...... I can now put the ipod in the boot Shocked

It is a bit confusing, you need the BMW business radio adapter, which I believe Grom refer to as the BMWT option, but it all goes in the glove box of the ffrr not the boot. For some reason BMW decided to mount their CD changer under the Nav head unit in the boot and have a reasonable size glove box, Land Rover decided that you'd only want to put a credit card in the glove box, so they filled it up with the changer.

So to sum up you need a Grom with the BMWT kit, but you only need a short ipod lead Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #360038 2nd Dec 2015 12:19am
defenderr

Netherlands 

That makes the Grom much more attractive. Thanks a lot for the tip!

Post #360139 2nd Dec 2015 7:19pm
Tuts

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

There is a member in here called Baris who updates the bm54 amps and adds Bluetooth and aux leads, his website is http://www.carphonics.co.uk/

He did mine and I can say it works very well streaming from my iPhone 6, it acts like a Bluetooth speaker (doesn't display on head unit though)

Have a search for some threads on here about him 2003 Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Post #360346 3rd Dec 2015 11:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>