Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Delivery Nightmares Anybody?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 
Delivery Nightmares Anybody?

Have your Christmas plans been scuppered by a Delivery gone wrong, very wrong......

Monday placed an order at 18.49, on a 3-5 day delivery..........
Tuesday I was out all day, and came home in the evening to find a we have missed you from UPS... saying that I could collect my parcel from the local UPS agent after 18.00
Wednesday I went to collect my parcel and it wasn't there Evil or Very Mad Left my phone number and address, as there was a chance that it would be there later that day and they would call. By 17.00 it was looking that it was lost, so I phoned UPS and they said they would call me back as soon as it was found. An hour later the phone rings, they had found it Very Happy Would I like to go to the shop that lost it and collect it? or have it redelivered on Friday?
I opted for re-delivery on the grounds that I didn't have to be civil to the peep's that lost the parcel in the first place..... Should have known better, the helpful Muppet on the phone sent my parcel back to the sender Evil or Very Mad

So I have now just had to pay for another lot to be sent to me, and I will be refunded when they get the parcel back next week Censored Censored Banging Head Banging Head Why isn't life simple...like the UPS Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #362806 18th Dec 2015 7:27pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

this story will remind people how Citylink, last year, -went bust on Xmas eve!

my story this year, was finding a £500 camera on the doorstep! -i had of course paid for signed delivery. however, i had spoken to the freidly seller previously, so didnt have the balls to do the 'Amazon lost delivery' option..

Post #362817 18th Dec 2015 8:02pm
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

There's a lot it going around.

Amazon, who I only use as a fallback, have adopted the policy whereby they use their own delivery agent who don't leave a 'you were out' card. So if you opt for free delivery and they estimate delivery is say Wednesday but it arrives Monday, they return it to Amazon and issue a refund. The first you know is when you check your account on Wednesday/Thursday because they also don't always send an email.

I think it is a business plan to encourage us to pay for next day delivery or to pay for Prime up front. Conspiracy theorists of the world UNITE! Smile

Post #362828 18th Dec 2015 8:34pm
Roystonh

United Kingdom 

We had a new company car delivered today and it came with a dent!

2005 L322 Vogue Gold gone
2006 L322 Vogue Black gone
2011 L322 Vogue Silver gone
2011 L322 Autobiography Black gone
2015 L405 Autobiography LWB Black gone
2019 L405 P400e Range Rover Autobiography LWB Eiger grey / black roof gone
2001 P38a 30th Anniversary Wimbledon Green gone
2019 L405 P525 Autobiography LWB British Racing Green

Post #362848 19th Dec 2015 12:25am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Shocked Shocked Wot is the world coming too? sadly this isn't the first run in with couriers this year, had one with DHL who Balls'd up in a very big way, took them 5 days to deliver an overnight parcel and then another 2 days for part B to arrive Shocked I hate to say it but the Royalmail is my preferred carrier, they seem to loose less and always card me when they fail to deliver Bow down Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #362850 19th Dec 2015 1:47am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

It's been a few years, but my most memorable delivery experience was ordering a package from the USA. To start with, she was flummoxed that I didn't have a ZIP CODE (American version of a postal code). After we sorted that, I said I wanted it sent to British Columbia. She didn't believe British Columbia existed. (It's a rather large bit of western Canada.) I said it did as I was there. "Columbia is SPANISH not BRITISH!" she continued to argue. Censored Censored I finally convinced her what to write on the box. It was delivered just fine. Shocked

Post #363166 20th Dec 2015 11:59pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Laughing Don't you just love foreigners that think they can speak proper English, and then spell everything with a Z Shocked Rolling with laughter

I still haven't fathomed out how you can get JEEP from General Purpose Vehicle Rolling Eyes Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #363173 21st Dec 2015 12:32am
RR2008HSE

Laughing I also assume Guantanamo prison must be filled with quite a lot of "u"s they've forcibly removed from neighbour, colour, favour, etc. Mr. Green

But, hey. I shouldn't complain. All is forgiven when I go down there to buy petrol ("gas").

Post #363198 21st Dec 2015 2:37am
oldcro

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

miggit wrote:
Laughing

I still haven't fathomed out how you can get JEEP from General Purpose Vehicle Rolling Eyes

There's a clue in the name GP Surprised

Post #363202 21st Dec 2015 4:09am
Ian c2

United States 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

When I lived in Manchester , I was working away in Great Yarmouth and bought some new fishing rods .

Rather than take them on the plane home with me , I decided to ship them to myself ...

After 3 days they hadn't been collected so I called them and they told me they had been delivered and I should contact the receiver .
I explained I was the sender and the receiver and after much confusion they said they would offer me a free upgrade to next day service and they would be collected later that day .

I called them the next day to tell them nobody collected and they told me the parcel must be lost enroute !!!
They said they would send the form for an insurance claim !!! Laughing

Post #363203 21st Dec 2015 4:41am
RR2008HSE

Shocked

Post #363403 21st Dec 2015 11:59pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

oldcro wrote:
miggit wrote:
Laughing

I still haven't fathomed out how you can get JEEP from General Purpose Vehicle Rolling Eyes

There's a clue in the name GP Surprised

So why isn't is a GEEP? and then you could have more than one, Geepz Rolling with laughter
Or do they spell General , Jeneral Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I have Google spell check, that normally results in Censored Censored Banging Head It centre not center, colour not color, any thing with an 's' in the middle is spelled with a 'z' (sorry spelt isn't recognised either, apparently it's a type of wheat, not the past tense of to spell Thud )

Yes America may well be one of the biggest countries in the world, but it doesn't give them the right to bastardise the English language Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #363414 22nd Dec 2015 12:41am
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

On the delivery front.
Got guests coming for christmas
SWMBO orded new towels from Tesco direct
Collected yesterday wondered why they had come in a box not a bag.
Open to find half a dozen glass vase's all labeled up as towels??
Girl on the desk wanted to know why I wanted a return and got an email to complete a customer satisfaction survey! Twisted Evil
Now not sure they can deliver the replacements before Christmas.
got to laugh otherwise you would cry.

JEEP= Just Enough Essential Parts BTW. Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #363430 22nd Dec 2015 9:13am
chris_read

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Don't mention UPS to me. I ordered a towbar armature full kit from PF Jones a couple of months ago. The delivery was in my wife's name as she was going to be at home that day. The 'helpful' driver dumped the (damaged) boxes on the roadside for her to carry onto our property. As she isn't the biggest person in the world she couldn't move the larger one and had to fall down a passing car to ask for help, as she couldn't go back in to the house to phone a friend, and didn't think the boxes would be there when she returned (it's a long driveway).
Needless to say I contacted UPS (a very polite and helpful American) and the driver had a 'talking to'.
And then I opened the box and found that PF Jones had sent the wrong armature (2006 onwards).
Would anyone like to guess at the driver's attitude when he came to collect/replace a couple of days later?

Post #363440 22nd Dec 2015 10:27am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

for those that have deliveries left on their doorsteps be aware that in the US there is a growing crime of 'porch pirates' where theifs drive by , see a package left on the doorstep and nick it...

as we know what starts in the US gradually gets adopted by the UK .. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #363443 22nd Dec 2015 10:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>