Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Rear view camera image
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cavalier

2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey
Rear view camera image

Does the screen on 2011 vogue models not show a full screen view of the rear? Have a look at the picture I have taken of the screen showing my rear view when the car is in reverse.
Look at the bottom of the screen, there is a dark curved area that looks like the reflection of the spoiler on the top of the tail gate.
It seems like the camera could do with tilting down a bit, so perhaps it could see the top of the tow ball.
I only seem to be getting about 4 fifths of the rear view displayed and the underside of the spoiler.
Is everyone's rear screen like this?
Or is there a way I can adjust the view of the lens in the camera?

Post #366167 9th Jan 2016 12:32am
IanT599

United Kingdom 

Mine is the same

Post #366177 9th Jan 2016 2:24am
miggit

United Kingdom 

There is no way that you will be able to see the tow ball with a camera that is mounted in the rear spolier, that wasn't Land Rover best design position..... for a car that tows..... I would suggest that rest a broom stick flat on the rear window, and you will see just how much of a dead area there is behind the car.

If you want to see your towbar then I would suggest that you think about a venture cam or one of those caravan cameras like this...

http://www.rearviewsafety.co.uk/backup-cam...83112.html Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #366178 9th Jan 2016 2:28am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

The camera on my 2007 seemed better but it might be because I just remember the good old days. However none of them can see the towbar - mines now like yours useful for seeing things behind the vehicle that you can run over if you're quick - like kids and dogs or as in your case the bushes you are about to reverse through or if you had been quicker the lady on the left of shot

Sorry I know I'm no help but then I never have been according to SWMBO, however I once was able to see the rear tow bar quite clearly for a split second until the wires snapped and a truck ran over the spoiler - but thats another story Rolling with laughter Geoff

Post #366199 9th Jan 2016 11:12am
Cavalier

Thanks for the replies, perhaps I should not have mentioned seeing the tow ball, it was just a way of describing how I wanted to see the bottom of the Screen, which seems to be blacked out by the spoiler. But it looks like this is the normal view from the RR camera.

By the way Migit I've got a super bright, cool running LED boot area now Thumbs Up and fancy lighting under the front doors, when you open them I get a bright blue/green Land Rover wording come up in a circle on the floor. Certainly gives my first time passengers the wow factor Very Happy

Post #366224 9th Jan 2016 3:05pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Mr. Green Me Too Mr. Green

I was getting in my car at my sisters the other night and a chap and his girl friend + dog were passing...... all of a sudden she was talking to herself Laughing

And I can see my hitch, Ian, but that is because my camera is part of one of the number plate lamps at the top of the flat bit of tailgate, in fact I can see the top of my bumper too Thumbs Up

I recon that you might be able to relocate the camera to there, as I believe that you can fit a cheap camera into the spoiler, so you should be able to fit the lamp unit and wire it in, but I don't have any experience with the L/R cameras and I don't know what's involved when replacing them with aftermarket. Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #366265 9th Jan 2016 10:45pm
Cavalier

Thanks for that mate Thumbs Up

Post #366353 10th Jan 2016 2:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1