Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Shock absorbers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DaveK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey
Shock absorbers

Remember the old tv public safety tv adds about how Worn Shock Absorbers Kill ?
Well I was wondering how we go about addressing this on our air suspension FFR's .
The unit is part of the air bag if I'm correct. Now at 127,000 miles , my air bags seem fine but surely the original shock absorber in the middle is goosed ? Can just the shock absorber be changed and is it cost effective to do this rather than buy four new airbags ?

Post #367087 14th Jan 2016 6:47pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

It's all one part for the front. And the rears are separate bag and shock.

For the front: To be honest, you would need to remove the whole unit to separate the shock from the air bag. In a lot less of the time spent trying to disassemble, you could have refitted a new shock and be back on the road.
The usual shock absorber test still applies. Press down hard on a corner. If it comes back up and stops moving, it's generally ok. if it goes up and then down and up and bounces about, then it's goosed.

At that milage, messing with the bag to take it off the shock will likely end up in the bag needing replaced soon after... Back to square one then.

If it ain't broke don't fix, but at that milage it be budgeting a wee bit aside for the rainy day of needing to replace. As for doing all 4, I'd only do an axle at a time as required, but would replace both sides of an axle at a time.

Is a diy job IMHO, I've done it with a standard Halford socket set etc. V8 or else ...

Post #367143 14th Jan 2016 11:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1