Home > Technical (L322) > Front Heater Blower
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aclr8r

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Santorini Black
Front Heater Blower

Hi All,
Recently had a few strange noises coming from the blower motor and today had the blower no longer switches off, either manually or when removing the key. Have had to remove fuse 64 to stop the Censored draining the battery overnight.
I have a replacement FSR and a brand spanking new motor unit sitting ready to fit if required but not sure if i need to do either? Haven't found anything mentioning the motor failing to stop???

Any ideas would be most welcome before i start ripping the dash out and replacing the blower. If you don't know what you're doing - do it quickly!

Post #371354 9th Feb 2016 1:10am
Joe90

England 

First thing to do usually, with a non stop blower is to replace the FSR....

If the blower is still going round OK, may not need to replace this yet? If you do seek to replace the blower, check the forum/wiki for the alternate method, which requires a bit of engineering Thumbs Up .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #371356 9th Feb 2016 1:18am
aclr8r

Fanx Joe90,

Looking at changing the FSR this weekend (have booked myself in to have a Universal Joint fitted 4" above my r/h wrist so that I can reach the Censored ).

Just a bit concerned that the blower may have taken the FSR out as it was making some very unusual noises recently (bit like when as a kid you put playing cards in your bicycle wheel). My thinking is that the fan blades may have broken and then got jammed in the FSR? Is it possible to view the blower fins to inspect without ripping the dash off?

Have also had the blower scream when turning left on and off for sometime, hence me having a brand new replacement blower sitting in the shed. If you don't know what you're doing - do it quickly!

Post #371444 9th Feb 2016 1:53pm
Joe90

England 

You can see it if you remove the plenum chamber in the engine bay, and possibly by peering through the face level vents with a torch (or by removing same) .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #371569 9th Feb 2016 10:57pm
MachineHead

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Mariana Black

Mine started squealing a bit before it died, on and off but it never stuck on at any point, it was working when I parked up then when I came back it wasn't. I got lucky managed to pick up a reconditioned fan with warranty for £40 and fitted it *touch wood* been fine since. 09 TDV8 Westminster, Mariana Black, Rear seat entertainment, hatch bag and 2 slobbery mutts

Post #371702 10th Feb 2016 8:14pm
aclr8r

FSR swapped out this afternoon and heater worker now working again. Still have the blower occasionally screeching so now looking at swapping this with the brand new shinny unit bought off Amazon.
Think I'll wait for a better weather window, snow and temperatures barely above freezing in Norfolk at present (at least I have a warm cabin again) Thumbs Up

Many thanks for assistance given so far Thumbs Up If you don't know what you're doing - do it quickly!

Post #372525 15th Feb 2016 7:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1