Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Terrain Response or other? Problem, help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FTim

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White
Terrain Response or other? Problem, help!

Hi all,

In need of some help please.

On my second L405 now and this morning I noticed that every time I got down to a 'low speed' or stopped the car i.e. at a roundabout/junction the picture of the car chassis with wheels (like terrain response) kept popping up in the information display between the rev counter and speedometer. If I turned the steering wheel it shows you the wheels turning etc then as you speed up it goes out. All settings are normal on the car and I've not pressed anything by mistake and I've never seen it do this before. The only thing different this morning were that because it was 0 degrees I put the park heater on before I left the house. Bit frustrating as I've never seen it do this before but it looks like an off-road/terrain response type of thing but I've been into all settings and everything is how it should be. Could it have been because the temperature outside was low and the auto terrain response kicks in. Not sure..,.....

Any ideas???

Thanks

Post #376830 11th Mar 2016 11:41am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

I never had this at low temperatures... got get your car to the dealer - that is def. not ok. Confused All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #376841 11th Mar 2016 2:08pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

That is not normal behaviour. To get that display, you should have the auto terrain function set to a manual setting and not be on a road setting.

Post #376847 11th Mar 2016 2:53pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Have you looked in the manual to see if there is anything about such behaviour. I can imagine that if slippery the auto terrain response does something but don't understand that is it only at low speed, I mean I would expect it more at higher speed. Also I'd expect a warning about temperature/slipperiness even before the terrain response started to do something........... MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #376849 11th Mar 2016 3:04pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

The auto-terrain will put the car in "Grass/Snow" mode once (I think) the cold weather warning light comes on (at +3C, I believe). There isn't any indication that it has done that, other than the car being sluggish (nothing on the info display).
The only way you find this out is to turn off auto-terrain. As the knob rises, you can see briefly on the dashboard that it switches from "Grass/Snow" to "General".

If you leave the knob in the off (raised position) then it doesn't do that. In cold snaps, I leave it off.

Post #376888 11th Mar 2016 5:22pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Doesn't sound right. Mine does not have reduced performance and we have had minus temperatures a lot recently. Try using the 4x4 info screen in the main display to see what decisions the auto terrain is making. 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #376988 12th Mar 2016 8:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1