Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Really bad news, suspension electric fault FFRR MY2006
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 

http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/relay-black-am...-3930.html Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #380779 4th Apr 2016 10:58pm
Dougd

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey
Suspension Stuck in Normal Height Mode

Had this fault intermittently a few weeks ago. Once it became permanent contacted dealer - car is on LR Extended Warranty - they thought it might be the height sensors and car booked in.

Had a call from them last night to say they needed it for at least another day because "there's too much power"!
After a few questions it transpires that the battery is pushing out too much power and they need to leave it overnight to do some checks.

I am aware that the compressor is in the spare wheel well. I have a full sized spare which sits around the compressor. The wheel was removed for cleaning recently and I suspect the valet may not have replaced it properly. Of course I am making the presumption that the dealer has removed the wheel to check the compressor and then replaced the wheel properly????
Rolling with laughter
Further updates to follow....... Bought it new and keeping it!
2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 (Beastie)
2007 Autotrail Miami on Renault 2.5 Master (Yami)
1999 Volvo S80 T6 2.8 272Hp TwinTurbo LPG (Ovlov)
2000 Portaflot 500kg Trailer (LoadsaRoom)

Post #381832 12th Apr 2016 8:15am
Dougd

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey
Here's the further update....

Because I was wise? enough to get the Extended Warranty the dealer gain approval from Land Rover to fit a full new compressor and compressor valve at no charge! Which is exactly what I would have expected - but there's more news, I had requested 2 years ago that the sponge pieces at the bottom of the A pillar on both sides be changed due to being perished - this was done under the original warranty.
When it went in the other week for the suspension I said they needed doing again and could they deal with it. Got a call to say yes they could be renewed but would cost £90 because it's classed as trim and not covered by the Extended Warranty - I was a bit annoyed to say the least but said to go ahead.
The day I got the car back it was preceded by a phone call from the service manager to say that on of the items was on back order and that in view of the fact they had used quite a bit of diesel in road tests once the suspension was sorted they were going to fit them FOC!
Score!
p.s. estimated cost of full replacement of Air Suspension Compressor and Valve (inc dealer labour, vat and bits) is in the region of £3000! - Score! Smile Bought it new and keeping it!
2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 (Beastie)
2007 Autotrail Miami on Renault 2.5 Master (Yami)
1999 Volvo S80 T6 2.8 272Hp TwinTurbo LPG (Ovlov)
2000 Portaflot 500kg Trailer (LoadsaRoom)

Post #382924 20th Apr 2016 7:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12