Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > air conditioning.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey
air conditioning.

So today, I had a spare couple of hours. I've been collecting the parts to refurb my air con.
After finding the pulley belt adjuster had seized and my air con making a funny noise when switched on, it was time to have a go at fixing it.
couldn't move the adjuster, so I cut the belt to relieve the pressure. I've taken the tensioner off the rear, and the pulley bar is stuck solid in the ali casting, I suspect the ali has reacted with the steel. I can see the pulley / casting carrier can be removed, but the aircon compressor has to be removed or at least pulled to one side. I have also removed the pulley off the tensioner bar, and tbh I don't think that's my problem, but needed renewing anyway. You can't remove the pulley bar without removing the rad shroud, as there's not enough room to pull it out square.
I have also turned the compressor by hand, the clutch bit, and it feels a little lumpy, should it be smooth ?. If so looks like getting the aircon degassed Big Cry as I have depressed one of the valves in the engine bay drivers side, and got a real good pish, so it's not losing pressure. Rolling Eyes
any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks. Greg. Thumbs Up

Post #380229 31st Mar 2016 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1