Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > LR006147 Hose Under Supercharger Advice 2008 RR SC 4.2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lschrock

United States 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
LR006147 Hose Under Supercharger Advice 2008 RR SC 4.2

I have a 2008 Range Rover SC 4.2 with 158,000 miles.

Purchased about a year ago as a third vehicle.

It is in excellent shape inside/out and we have performed excessive preventative maintenance. All New belts/tensioners/pulleys/WP/aux water pump/alternator/power steering pump, reservoir & hoses/ac compressor/expansion tank/thermostat/coolant sensor/4 O2 sensors/spark plugs/front, transfer case & rear diff fluids with new drain magnets/ front & rear zimmerman rotors with front brembo ceramic & rear akebono pads/ PCV Valve/ air filters/ new tires & alignment/transmission fluid, valve body & cooler/ radiator, condenser, expansion valve, intercooler, and viscous fan plus 12 genuine coolant hoses. All parts were either genuine or original manufacturer/oem.

I have not changed the under supercharger heater hose LR006147. The supercharger does not make noise and the hose is not leaking to my knowledge. I just want to understand what makes sense from an excessive maintenance perspective to do while in there when it is changed.

I know to replace the minimum gaskets. I'm curious about the two hoses connected to the PCV? Any Vacuum lines or fittings? MAP sensor or other sensors? Should I replace the supercharger snout with a reman snout or just the hockey puck? Any other sensors? While the supercharger is out, should or can other engine gaskets be easily replaced?

I have not replaced heater hoses JHB500790 & JHB501390. Thoughts on replacing these?

I'm more interested in minimizing the need to go back underneath the supercharger. I am not a mechanic, but have a skilled and reasonably priced mechanic installing the parts that I've purchased. To get the best price when I have him do work, I need to have everything that he will need before he starts work.

Thank You!

Post #646150 21st Oct 2022 8:30pm
jagracer

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Hi, there is a detailed maintenance article in a recent issue of the Jaguar Enthusiasts magazine. You should be able to find it on JEC.ORG.UK on the forums pages. Look on XJR pages.

https://jec.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=...2ee5015690

Post #646227 22nd Oct 2022 8:00pm
Lschrock

United States 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Thank You!

I've subscribed to Jaguar Enthusiasts Magazine. I've not found the specific magazine issue yet, but will keep looking.

I really appreciate it!

Post #646339 23rd Oct 2022 10:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1