Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > General Grabber AT2 / AT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
steeplejack

Wales 

So I got mine fitted today. Very pleased.

Click image to enlarge

Post #394927 7th Jul 2016 7:01pm
Busa1400

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I do pre dominantly motorway mlles however live in Yorkshire and we get snow now and again.

Thinking of getting these fitted, does anyone know what thy are like on motorway, wet weather driving etc ?

Road noise

Ta muchly Very Happy 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE

Post #396573 18th Jul 2016 8:57am
bebechoon

France 

Have a look at my original post, 1st post on page 1.

Most of my km these days are done on the motorway and I can say, 3 months later, I am still a happy bunny.
At 73dB, the AT are much, much quieter than the AT˛ (74dB) they replaced. Yes, the AT can be heard if you have the radio off and listen carefully, but the noise is nowhere near obtrusive like the AT˛ were – which made a ‘thrumming’ noise like a wheel bearing was on its way out. I am sure there are quieter tyres, but then I would imagine quieter ones would be more road-based and not give the same “mixed” performance capabilities.
I have not yet had an opportunity to try them in snow as I have a set of winters I put on for the winter months, but the AT˛ snow performance was very respectable for a “mixed” tyre and I would imagine these would be similar.
I am more than happy with their performance in the wet, but it has to be said I am a “gentle” driver.
Wear so far seems to be as good as the AT˛ (slow and even!) – and you have 10 mm of tread depth to start with!
There is a lot of helpful info on tyre choices on this forum Bow down . Do a search and you will find people have their favourites. I made my choice after reading all the opinions I could find and I don’t regret it. Thumbs Up It's "bĂ©bĂ©choon", ackcherly, with accents. 'Steve' to my chums.
20 years ownership of Solihull products, ALL GONE NOW, sniff!
Current motor: Suzuki S-Cross 4WD auto, 1.4 petrol. Oh so reliable! 5 years now and no problems. Oh, all right then, a leaking shocker replaced under guarantee.
Previous:
TD6 HSE L322 Auto FF
2.5 TDi 4-door Classic
Disco II
And my 1st Rangie: in 1995, a 2-door VM 2.5 diesel Classic
Not to mention the Lada Niva before those. (I said not to mention it!)

Post #396575 18th Jul 2016 9:54am
Ollie_247

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey

Mine have been fitted on the rear for about a month now and been great.

I used them to cross Blyton race tracks very muddy In fields in the first weekend of having them on the rear where our L200 got rather stuck. Rolling with laughter to go get a car that had taken a trip into the field.

I'm used to running cut slicks on my track cars so tyre noise isn't really issues for me but I've got to say I haven't notice the difference in noise over the Nexens The MOT Track days Test Dummy

2007 Vogue SE TDV8

Post #410655 25th Oct 2016 2:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12