Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > New car with dents upon collection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

That sounds very poor
I would reject it and they should provide another ehicle while you wait. Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #381977 13th Apr 2016 11:32am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Based on my Solihull tour the Defender had almost no robot content - it was pretty much hand built. This included someone checking whether the bonnet catch lined up with the hole and if it did not, belting it with a hammer. Shocked Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #382001 13th Apr 2016 3:15pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account

Hi andyxxx

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concerns, please accept my apologies on behalf of Land Rover for any inconvenience and frustration that may have been caused.

I note that you are currently in the process of liaising with your vending retailer regarding this and I trust that they are able to assist you as appropriate. However, should you require any additional support please feel free to contact me via PM and providing the following information;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Full VIN/chassis number
Relevant Land Rover retailer

Regards

Ryan Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #382735 18th Apr 2016 3:08pm
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

This is purely my own opinion but it seems to me as if LR's response to this, on the face of it, couldn't be much more inadequate if it tried!! If a customer car has been delivered with dents in panels and the dealer is saying it's LR's fault, two things spring to mind:

1. The supplying dealer should have never tried to deliver it, they should have immediately apologised to the customer, supplied a courtesy car and rejected the damaged vehicle.
2. LR should be all over this like a rash to see what went wrong.

The cause of the damage is irrelevant, that car should never have got anywhere near the customer. Quite frankly this is outrageous. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #382737 18th Apr 2016 3:16pm
iancollins

England 2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Causeway Grey

par for the course with LR i'm afraid Crying or Very sad
my new RR , which I had a few weeks ago has a totally misaligned rear drivers side door Mad
it would have been hard not to notice it
still waiting on dealer
should have rejected it really Big Cry

Post #382748 18th Apr 2016 5:29pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Pretty shocking. Shocked
Of course it can be repaired. That's not the point. The whole idea of buying a new car, any new car, is everything is right, correct and perfect - especially the paint and bodywork.

Post #382804 19th Apr 2016 1:13am
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The other thing that has amazed me is how this issue has been discussed on here. Many of you are far too understanding of LR's position.

This is a company that wants to be taken seriously as a world class player in the premium brand sector. Not a hope with this level of customer care. The benchmark has been Lexus for some time now in this respect, quite apart from the fact that I cannot imagine for one minute they send out cars with damaged panels, but to allow it to get as far as the customer would be tantamount to sacrilege.

The response above, from LR customer care is inept beyond belief. Being kind to LR is not going to help them in their quest in the market place, they need to know just how unacceptable their behaviour is.

I had experience of an inept LR main dealer a few years back (9 to be precise), it took them a year to sort out the issue they had created on an AUC car. They had no concept of how useless they were and the dealer principle was a complete clot. I had rather hoped things might have improved in the intervening years, it would appear not.

So, we have the spectacle of a potentially world class product being successful despite the best efforts of those that make the things as well as those who sell them. Imagine how things would be if they got those basic bits right? Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #382816 19th Apr 2016 7:01am
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Andyxxx
Any progress with JLR? ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #382830 19th Apr 2016 9:07am
iancollins

England 2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Causeway Grey

rvbush
i completely agree with your comments
i was once told by a lr dealer principle, when i pointed out the defects on my car, "this is what you have to expect if you want a rr product" and "its the character of the brand"
might have been on a series 2 landrover 30 odd years ago but not on a £85k car now
my new l405 has a misaligned drivers door and the dealer has now come back and said he cant look at it until july
wtf Surprised Shocked Shocked Shocked
i should have rejected the bloody thing on delivery
i know its not a major fault but it should have been picked up on pdi
makes you feel you have been taken for a mug
oh by the way ,,,,,, its lancaster range rover in newport pagnall

Post #382853 19th Apr 2016 1:03pm
andyxxx

United Kingdom 

Update.

The car has had two new doors.
I went to collect it yesterday.
Both the new doors have similar dents to those replaced, though not as prominent.

As I mentioned earlier The new L405 courtesy car has the same issue and in exactly the same position and virtually identical to the replacement doors on my (now not new) car.

I refused to drive the car away and remain in the courtesy car. The dealer is contacting JLR tomorrow and I have since my last post opened a 'case' with them.

I will keep you informed.

Post #384921 2nd May 2016 4:27pm
JamesD

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Can you post up some pictures of these dents, I am collecting mine in a few weeks and would like to know where to look.

Post #384927 2nd May 2016 5:54pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Some times its unbelievable what happens to owners cars on here! Cant these people see dents? FFS. Censored

Post #384941 2nd May 2016 6:57pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds odd that the new doors had the same problem - that means it's either a genuine manufacturing defect - of the doors aren't new - all sounds very odd..... Confused

Post #384943 2nd May 2016 7:17pm
andyxxx

United Kingdom 

Quote “Sounds odd that the new doors had the same problem - that means it's either a genuine manufacturing defect - of the doors aren't new - all sounds very odd..... ”unquote

I agree with all the points you make. I will keep you informed when I know more.

Post #384945 2nd May 2016 7:46pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I just can't believe that they were new doors! What's even more outlandish is that they couldn't tell there was still a problem before trying to palm you off with it.

Personally speaking, I've bought four new or nearly new Land Rovers in the past four years and so far my experience of dealerships has been 50-50. That's two very good experiences and two really poor ones. Dealings with LR itself has actually been okay but then I've never had to reject a car. Fortunately for me the last one was the best so far and if it hadn't have been I'd have tried a different manufacturer next time.

Such a shame because they make cars that I want to drive and enjoy sitting in but all too often the experience is soured by inconsistencies across the company and their franchisees. Big Cry

Post #384965 2nd May 2016 10:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>