Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Yet another TPMS issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Yet another TPMS issue

I'm experiencing the dreaded CHECK ALL TYRE PRESSURES message again for the first time in just over three years. Just had my summer wheels put on and after two weeks decided to check the pressures at a local garage. I read the pressure panel on the driver door frame wrong and put 2,3 bar in the front and 2,5 in the rear when I should have used 2,5 and 2,9 for my 255 50 R20 tyres. Immediately after setting off I started getting the orange tyre pressure warning light and the above console message. The next day I noticed my mistake and set the pressures correctly again but the error message still keeps coming on. There seems to be no pattern to when the message occurs, sometimes only at the beginning of a journey, sometimes also at the end and sometimes for the duration of the journey. My journeys generally involve motorway stretches in the middle during my half-hour commute.

Can anyone answer the following questions about this issue:

1) For the first two weeks I had no errors. What did the dealer do that I didn't?
2) How is the low pressure threshold calculated? Does it depend on the tyre and if so, is this something the dealer has to program when installing new wheels?
3) Can battery voltage issues cause this? Mine has a running charge of 14v so I don't think it's battery-related.

The car was 4 years old when I bought it and it happened to have this error on purchase. Back then my dealer found out it was a faulty TPMS module in the boot. Once replaced the TPMS worked fine (with both my winter wheels which are as old as the car and the summer ones I bought new just after I bought the car) and has done (bar the old message during very cold below-zero weather but the manual states this can occur) for over 3 years until this week.

Because the symptoms are so similar to when I first had the problem 3 years ago, I think it could be the TPMS module again. Anyone else have to replace it multiple times?

Faults with TPMS valves and other parts of the system lead to the TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FAULT message from what I have read but I don't receive this message.

It could still be something I've done as the system worked fine for two weeks before I adjusted the pressures so I'm reluctant to disable TPMS.

Anyone have an idea what the problem could be? 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #382162 14th Apr 2016 8:10pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You need something to read the error codes to narrow it down - something like an IID tool.

I had no end of problems with TMPS - spent too much money on replacing parts of it - then eventually disabled it.

Post #382164 14th Apr 2016 8:12pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i had that message regularly and my pressures were within the recommended psi....i couldnt find any reason for it so i switched it all off.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #382174 14th Apr 2016 8:58pm
Dale

Finland 

My rangie got the same symptoms after tyre change. Bought all 4 new sensors (80€ per piece), worked ever since.

Post #382178 14th Apr 2016 9:10pm
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I hope it's not my sensors as the ones on the summer wheels are only three and a half years old (and have only been on the car for half of that time) and they're supposed to last 5-10 years. Neutral 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #382179 14th Apr 2016 9:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1