Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > My L405 is terminal.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Not so sure about Criminal Damage. No evidence of intention to damage or being reckless. Description indicates it was accidental.

Post #404328 10th Sep 2016 2:04pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Wow, ok let's put this into perspective, I've not heard a dickie bird from anyone.

But to keep the embers burning for the keyboard warriors I've not lied to anyone, I handed the car back and was asked no questions, so that's settled then, makes things easy lol

Post #404558 12th Sep 2016 10:46pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

The 3.0litres I've always said we're trouble in discos and ssrr's especially as the new extended push it as far as it can go service intervals make it silly! PSA intervals for the same engines were iirc lower miles/age!

It could have been worse and if it had been a manual gearbox and seized solid at speed led to a brown trouser moment!!!

The other thing is with the torque converter and gearbox not being driven by the engine have parts of it maybe run dry or been damaged as they aren't designed to turn from the other end of the gearbox are they?!

The issue will be how long the less time is on an exchange engine(yes your old one goes back to LR, stripped, rebuilt and goes out for another warranty job in the future!)

I'd also be pushing for new turbos as well as any swarf from an engine munching itself will severely shorten their lives FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #405665 21st Sep 2016 12:17am
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

New turbos where fitted as part of the warranty claim. Turns out that was part of the delay as the turbos where on back order for the UK (due to the amount of engines being fitted ?). I could have accepted that if ANYONE had bothered telling me instead of waiting for me to phone up to make sure the car was ready for collection on the agreed date 3 TIMES !!!!!!

Car has been great since the new engine was fitted. It is getting hammered driving from Liverpool - Glasgow - Gatwick every week. I've put about 10k on the new engine already Whistle

In fact I had to book it in for its second service this week......... yep shocking service experience. Over two days I tried to get through to my local dealership (not the one who fitted the engine). I could here the phone being transferred, ringing, transferred again, ringing, transferred then a message simply saying now one can answer please phone back...... FOR TWO DAYS.

When I eventually got through on day two I could not actually speak to anyone to book the service, "someone will phone you back", sounds familiar. About 2 hours later my mobile goes but I was in a meeting and could not take the call. Yep took me 3 goes in the afternoon to make the booking. Thursday was offered next week. I was actually shocked they could fit me in so quickly. No I can't make Thursday, Im in London, can I get in Friday, yep 8am Friday great. Job done, 2 days to book a service. Then I get the email confirmation, "thanks for booking your service, confirmed as THURSDAY" !!!!!! WTF..........

So yes I lost the plot, chose the accounts option this time and asked to raise a complaint about how hard it is to simply book a service. I eventually got put through to the service manager. In a nutshell he was not interested in the complaint and simply moved the booking to the Friday with no apology.

So, great car, despite the engine blow up, missed it whilst off the road but THE most shocking customer service experience I've experienced EVER from a luxury brand.

Will be fun next week, c£750 service, lets see how they can cock that up ?

Post #408150 7th Oct 2016 4:55pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Bloody hell , how these ignorant incompetent places get away with it i just don't know. Censored

Post #408151 7th Oct 2016 5:04pm
kingpleb

This is where non big chain family dealers come into their own I think.

It's a shame manufacturers haven't got the balls to refuse to sell to some dealers or accept them if they offer Censored service. It's no wonder tesla and Lexus are all in house as they can control it better and the dealers now complain when they lose sales because of it Sad FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #408157 7th Oct 2016 5:44pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I've just read this thread from one end to the other! Think I'll go and have a sit down now Rolling Eyes

Post #408159 7th Oct 2016 5:53pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Oh my god when i read this - i am very happy with my dealership ! Cool All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #408177 7th Oct 2016 7:15pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

kingpleb wrote:

None left that I know of, those days are long gone.

Chipperfields = Stratstone
Gordon Lamb = some large group (Can't remember which)
Lancasters = Jardine Group.

And so on.

Maybe Peter Vardy (Junior) although I don't know who funds it all. His Old Man (utter criminal IMHO) sold out the Reg Vardy group to Pendragon some years back which kind of explains why there's so much dross in the Stratstone group now. They inherited it all (prestige brands) and the run of the mill stuff got merged into Evans Halshaw.

As I've said before, find a place you like and build relationships with them. It pays dividends. Thumbs Up

Post #408185 7th Oct 2016 7:25pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

The MD I have used since 2000 was originally a single site family owned outfit but bought by Harwoods about 10 years ago There has been no decline in customer service, maybe because they left things alone at the customer facing level. That's why I remain a happy customer.

Post #408205 7th Oct 2016 8:52pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

"The MD I have used since 2000 was originally a single site family owned outfit but bought by Harwoods about 10 years ago There has been no decline in customer service, maybe because they left things alone at the customer facing level. That's why I remain a happy customer."

I used them too when in Lamberhurst back in the nineties and there were excellent, a real proper family owned dealer. Harwoods in Tonbridge are also great and a few years back I had dealings with the Dealer Principal and he was first class. I've since moved to the Christchurch Westover dealer and whilst the sales side is OK'ish the service side is lacking but not as bad as some on this thread.
The Harwoods DP was so good I considered buying my new FFRR from them last year just because of him and his great attitude but I don't know if he's still there. Can't even remember his name which doesn't help matters.
Just proves that good people build loyalty even if you move away.

Problem now with LR is they've become too successful to be able to manage the workload and they haven't geared up to cope.

Post #408247 8th Oct 2016 8:43am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Gordon Lamb now owned by Bristol street/vertu motors. Our Skoda dealer was Gordon Lamb and was very good, now not so much... There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #408251 8th Oct 2016 9:12am
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

As an update, car got its 30000 mile "2nd service" last Friday.............. the service was fine, what I would expect ......... at long last Bow down

Post #409678 17th Oct 2016 9:49pm
kingpleb

mzplcg wrote:
kingpleb wrote:

None left that I know of, those days are long gone.

Chipperfields = Stratstone
Gordon Lamb = some large group (Can't remember which)
Lancasters = Jardine Group.

And so on.

Maybe Peter Vardy (Junior) although I don't know who funds it all. His Old Man (utter criminal IMHO) sold out the Reg Vardy group to Pendragon some years back which kind of explains why there's so much dross in the Stratstone group now. They inherited it all (prestige brands) and the run of the mill stuff got merged into Evans Halshaw.

As I've said before, find a place you like and build relationships with them. It pays dividends. Thumbs Up

Duckworths or a complete Indy? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #410335 22nd Oct 2016 10:54pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Thought I would give a quick update since the engine replacement......

The car has done around 12k miles since with weekly 5-9 hour slogs to the south and north and normal run arounds i.e. As mixed on road driving as you can get and ................ its been fine, you would not know the engine had been replaced, nothing has "fallen off" or failed to work. It has performed admirably.

So despite the engine failure and frustration of JLR dealerships it is one of my favorite cars.

Ps I've just ordered a Macan GTS for SWMBO for March delivery, I just could not entertain a RR Sport after having the loaner for a month lol

Post #416519 3rd Dec 2016 10:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>