Home > Technical (L322) > Door Card with Door Deadlocked
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nicka2311

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
Door Card with Door Deadlocked

Hi everyone,

So the n/s/f door lock on my 2006 Vogue has failed and is stuck in deadlock. Does anyone know a way to get the door open with little damage to door card. Already got a new lock ordered was hoping to be able to manoeuvre door card out of the way and just "burst" the deadlock latch.

I've got the bolts out of the door card and the top weatherstrip off, still seems quite stuck and don't wanna damage it too badly. Does anyone have experience of this or any other techniques to bursting the latch? I've heard of people drilling the door but it sounds extreme to me.

Cheers

Nick '55 Java Black Vogue

Post #394010 1st Jul 2016 1:55pm
Sleeper

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

As far as i know as long as you have removed all the screw then it will be a case of getting something like a mini crowbar in behind the doorcard and the door.
The doorcard is (after screws removed) held on with clip, i suspect you going to break a few so get some on order.
Along the top are metal clips which should stand up to the removal.

its finding a leverage point which i suspect is going to be against the B piller to protect that.
I think your best bet is to work on releasing the end near the b piller and (with your window down) along the top.
Not sure if removing (if you can) this inner step kick plate you see when opening the door, this may allow the bottom of the door card to separate a bit.
Good luck and let us know how you get on...

Post #394224 3rd Jul 2016 9:10am
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Maybe, if you take off the opposite door card, pretending to not use the edges, you might figure it out.
Or you might be able to find the rod, you need to release, or disconnect, and with window down, and trim strip off, and a bright torch, you might also figure it out. But make sure you don't lock yourself out!

Post #394235 3rd Jul 2016 10:11am
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

I had exactly the same issue last year, there is a way in without wrecking the door card but involves removing rear door then access is gained by removing a grommet which you will see with rear door open, but access is very tricky/impossible without door removal, eventually gave it to a garage to do Thumbs Up

Post #394237 3rd Jul 2016 10:24am
Nicka2311

Thanks for responses,

I've got the top trim off and the door card clear over the button away from the top clips. Can't see down to the top of the latch which needs to be broken and manually lifted so really need to go in through the door.

I'm guessing it's a case of some "gentle" brute force to lever the door card out, priced some on eBay and not overly priced, wondering if a full set of 2007 onwards would fit as they never changed the doors so mounts and speaker positions should be the same.

Do you know how the garage got into your car? '55 Java Black Vogue

Post #394244 3rd Jul 2016 12:21pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Have you tried a battery disconnection/reset yet? That may help???

When you try removing the door card the centre clip (by the internal door handle) will be your issue so, remove all the outer clips then lift the card over the central clip Thumbs Up

But really worth trying the battery reset a number of times before hand sir Thumbs Up

Post #394247 3rd Jul 2016 12:38pm
Nicka2311

Hi Craig,

Is the battery reset just disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes or so after letting the car go to sleep?

I think the mechanism has seized as it was playing up for a while unlocking on the second attempt but will definitely give the reset a try. '55 Java Black Vogue

Post #394257 3rd Jul 2016 1:28pm
Goldy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Slightly off topic but my RR has damage to both driver and passenger inside sills, like something has been trying to get the door open.

Door cards damaged closest to door edge.

didn't see this before I bought it but the actual doors arnt damaged or may have been repaired.

could my vehicle have had this in the past?

I will get some picture of the damage if helps.

Post #394363 4th Jul 2016 1:04pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Nicka2311 wrote:
Thanks for responses,

I've got the top trim off and the door card clear over the button away from the top clips. Can't see down to the top of the latch which needs to be broken and manually lifted so really need to go in through the door.

I'm guessing it's a case of some "gentle" brute force to lever the door card out, priced some on eBay and not overly priced, wondering if a full set of 2007 onwards would fit as they never changed the doors so mounts and speaker positions should be the same.

Do you know how the garage got into your car?

No I dont but there are definite 'crowbar' marks along the internal B pillar Thumbs Up

Post #394408 4th Jul 2016 4:16pm
Nicka2311

That was actually an easy job, the full door card doesn't even have to come off, no damage to door card or B pillar just enough to remove the door airbag and go into the door behind it to break the latch.

I might do a write up if enough interest as there's a little procedure to do to get the new lock working on the Central locking. '55 Java Black Vogue

Post #394412 4th Jul 2016 4:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1