Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Replacing door speaker
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ivor

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
Replacing door speaker

Well after sending my speaker on an extended excursion out of it's comfort zone I needed to replace it so thought i would do a quick how to as it maybe of help for those replacing or upgrading

1)tools needed various trim removal tools two torx screwdrivers T20,T30

2) Screws to be removed don't miss the one hiding behind the landrover badge 

Once you have removed the landrover badge using a small trim tool proceed to remove the screws there are two long and one short that come right out either label them or place them in such a way that you remember which ones go where,the screw behind the landrover badge stays in place when removing the panel

Start in the bottom corner of the door furthest away from the hinge working you way along the bottom and then up the sides once you get to the top it just lifts off it's at this point you could use two people one to hold the panel and one to unplug the bass/midrange speaker the speaker connections are easy to unplug as they have a lug either side of the wires and you just need to pinch them together , the courtesy light in the bottom of the door needs to be unplugged this frees up a lot movement in the panel and makes it easy to access the bass speaker which is held in by four screws ,once you have done this you will be left with something like this

When refitting the panel I put the top on first ensuring the lock indicator is in its hole then pop the retaining clip nearest the hinge at the top in,panel will appear as if it's not sitting properly I found a diagonal downward thump works to pop it back under the window trim

3)

that is the external handle mechanism that connects into the door skin in the picture below you can see what it clicks into these just click together when you putting the skin back in ,it's a bit fiddly first time around but easy enough once you relax and take your time

Now your left with two options either replace with a new speaker ( I fleabayed a new one for £57 with warranty) or you can remove the speaker from the enclsoure and replace it with an aftermarket one ,the speaker itself is 6 1/2" in diameter and not too hard to source a replacement

undo the four retaining screws these are hidden under the foam ring then once you have removed them you need to desolder the connection on the back otherwise you are fighting a losing battle ,I used a soldering iron and thin screwdriver to prise apart the terminal connections

you should be left with the case in which you can add your speaker of choice

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  L322 2008 vogue
R53 Cooper S Works tuned beyond the works SOLD
R33 Nissan Skyline in rebuild 400bhp atw

Post #390621 7th Jun 2016 8:20pm
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Nice write-up Thumbs Up Did you disconnect the battery before doing this job? 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #399358 5th Aug 2016 11:28pm
Ivor

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

nope no need to disconnect as your not on the main system L322 2008 vogue
R53 Cooper S Works tuned beyond the works SOLD
R33 Nissan Skyline in rebuild 400bhp atw

Post #399360 5th Aug 2016 11:52pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If your doing the job on a pre face lift BMW FF then the side airbag is in the door, not the seat, best to disconnect the battery first... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #399363 6th Aug 2016 12:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1