Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > First FFRR, fettling so far
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
unsolicited

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Mariana Black
First FFRR, fettling so far

I bought a forum member's car a month or two ago (actually ex. jfb1977 then dbarr1980). As is the case with any Range Rover the maintenance has begun.

* Vibration above 60mph cured by wheel rebalance & hunter alignment.
* TPMS sorted with the help of IID tool
* New set of wheel bolts to replace the corroded originals

Those were quick and easy. Now the not-quite so quick:-

Was getting an occasional RP under load throwing P2601 (the supercharger aux pump issue). Wiring had been corrected though, but pump looked fairly original (was it actually changed when the wiring was done? we'll never know).

Aircon low on gas, and a recharge provoked a nice pop as the rubber part of the HP hose between condenser and the evaporator blew off the metal pipe. I managed to replace that pipe/hose assembly, but was unable to separate the compressor to condenser pipe from the condenser itself, the bolt was seemingly welded on despite penetrating oil. Eventually I rounded off the hex head ... aaargh.

Weekend no. 2: Replaced the condenser and the compressor to condenser pipework. The old one came out with judicious use of a junior hacksaw on the pipe..

The radiator needed a good vac...

While the slam panel was off, I replaced the supercharger aux pump...

The aircon held 10Bar of nitrogen well, and after an hour of vacuum and refill seems to be ice cold - time will tell. I haven't been able to reproduce the RP since the pump was changed, so fingers crossed there too.

Next on the list: The intermittent reversing camera (thanks to all who have posted about fixes that one), and I need to get round to a deep clean at one point.

David

Post #396452 17th Jul 2016 9:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1