Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Another Rear Reversing Camera Issue.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Highroller

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Another Rear Reversing Camera Issue.

Hi Folks, Decided to investigate the black screen on my model year 2006 L322, As I purchased it with the camera not working (Nothing new here).
Had a quick look inside the camera & noticed sealer, so assumed that this had been got at before.

Purchased a cheap flea bay replacement (It actually appears to be very similar to the original & fits nicely inside the housing). However still no picture, checked all connections & nothing, replaced the original camera back in, but still nothing?.

I have checked all the connections, but I'm now thinking that this could be a coax issue rather than the camera itself.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the camera & does the coax feed go straight to the head unit, or are there any connections / amplifiers / additional circuit etc in between.

Any additional information appreciated

Post #397349 23rd Jul 2016 8:51pm
HGv driver

Wales 

there is a wiring book in the wiki section may be of some help
my camera has a cracking picture for reverse BUT is upside down!! explain that

Post #397411 24th Jul 2016 11:23am
Highroller

Thanks HGV Driver, found some good links but still nothing Sad .

I did however come across this wiring note regarding the white wire connection. This may help with your issue being upside down!.

RED: IGN Hot +
BLACK: NEG –
YELLOW: Video Out / Video IN Feed to Head Unit (If connecting to a RCA jack, you may need to link the shield to Camera Black (earth
GREEN: Keep Disconnected\capped unless you want a solid white line on the screen (parking aid/guide).
WHITE: Depending on the camera it changes then origination of the lens (front or rear facing). If using for rear camera you may need to loop this to earth (black cable). or Positive (red)

Post #397817 26th Jul 2016 7:19pm
SteMY06HSE

Qatar 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi Highroller,

Hopefully I posted the picture correctly, and you will see the wiring Diagram from my MY2006 Electrical Document.
It is for a LHD model but I doubt the camera is wired differently for LH or RH drive.

I was looking at my camera as I also have the black screen and when I went to check the back it was missing completely with just a couple of wires tucked up in the opening... so was looking to get a replacement LR camera from somewhere (not the same way someone got mine) and try and wire it back up, so interested to know how you get on configuring it.

Post #398732 1st Aug 2016 9:13pm
Highroller

Thanks for the wiring diagram SteMY06HSE. Managed to confirm that the feed & coax work ok after using another camera (12V security camera, would you believe).
Unfortunately it's too big to fit under the spoiler, therefore I've ordered another cheap one. Hopefully i'll update with photos etc once fitted & working.

Post #399188 4th Aug 2016 5:18pm
SteMY06HSE

Qatar 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Good to hear Highroller, was back in the UK last weekend so picked up a new camera from my local LR dealer. Less than half of what they cost here in the Middle East.

Couldn't get the new camera to fit, and I couldn't find the coax cable after fishing around in the aperture for a couple of mins, so...

Spoiler off, traced the wires back into the upper door innards, found the connectors, power plug and the coax, had another look at the camera housing and it seems that someone has just ripped out the front face of it. Undid the little screw, unclipped what was left, fitted the new one and put it all back together again.

Working a treat now.

Post #400311 12th Aug 2016 10:08pm
STU TDV8

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Did you manage to find a camera that fitted the original wiring loom highroller ?..

Post #400424 13th Aug 2016 10:00pm
Highroller

Hi STU TDV8. Just waiting for the camera to turn up. Hopefully I can then add some photos & further info of how it's gone.
At least I know that the wiring is ok now.

Post #400527 14th Aug 2016 8:35pm
TimperleyRR

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue

Hi Highroller,

I also have a 2006 L322. The camera is functional but the picture is poor and useless at night. I would be very interested to hear what picture quality you got from your replacement camera and where you got it. I presume it fitted in the original housing and attached to the original cables?

Post #401591 22nd Aug 2016 7:00pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

There was some talk of a retro 2010 upgrade for 2006-2009 cars with some minor wiring changes and the camera housing needing a small alteration. I can't recall who did it but it was done.

I almost wondered about water getting in but you don't see much of that in Qatar Whistle Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #401610 22nd Aug 2016 8:38pm
Highroller

Hi Folks, Hopefully I'll be able to update next week. Just received a small el-cheapo one from Hong Kong, just to confirm that all the connections worked & it showed a picture, which it did.
Although usable & small enough to fit within the original camera, I reckon I can get better.
Mind you what do you expect for £4.50 delivered.

Post #401612 22nd Aug 2016 8:42pm
Highroller

OK Folks. Camera all working & here's how I did it. This camera replace the original one & keeps it all looking original.

This process assumes that you have already removed the original camera, wiring & the housing from the spoiler, stripped & have everything already to accept the new camera.

1. This is the reversing camera that you need of ebay. It shouldn't cost more than £10. mine was £7.19 delivered!.

2. This is what you get in the complete package.

3. These are only the items that you require.

4. You need to release the new camera from it's housing, this is done by unscrewing the four screws, which allow the camering to pivot.

5. You then need to unscrew the other four screws on the back of the housing. This allows access to the clear plastic cover.
Carefully cut around this cover to release it ( It's on lightly sealed ).
Once removed, you have access to the two screws retaining the camera.

6. You will need to snip all four wires to enable the housing to be released. Be careful, as the wire are only lightly soldered on to the circuit board.
Now place the new camera into the original camera housing, It's a near identical size, so no need for any modification. Feed the wiring through the the rear half of the original housing, making sure that you also include the tailgate grommet ensuring that it's the correct way up.

7. once you have soldered all the wires together, I connected it up the cars wiring to confirm that I had a picture & the correct orientation.
This is crucial as the next step is to add clear silicone sealer to the back of the circuit board & close the the housing.

8. This is how it should look ready to be feed into the spoiler. A couple of notes here:- I left the sealer to harden off over night. You also need to remove the high level brake light & feed the wires through the housing & spoiler prior to refixing the camera retaining bracket.
This is how it looks once installed & connected.

9. The final shot shows the screen. I realised that it's a little blurred, but this down to a smeary outer lens (much better when cleaned!).

How this helps.

Post #402486 29th Aug 2016 9:48pm
TimperleyRR

@Highroller
Looks good and a great fit for the original housing. Do you happen to have the dimensions either of this or the original that you removed / discarded to aid the rest of us in sizing up all those flebay offerings?

Post #402627 30th Aug 2016 5:24pm
Highroller

These are the dimensions of the original camera, as mentioned the replacement camera dimensions are very similar how this helps.

Post #402938 1st Sep 2016 7:45pm
TimperleyRR

Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #403204 3rd Sep 2016 8:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>