Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Advice on Brand New FF with painted door!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
bear100

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

You guys are too much! Rolling with laughter 2010 defender utility
2010 RRS TDV8 (gone)
2007 discovery 3 (gone)
2004 discovery 4 (gone)
1994 discovery 1
1970 v8 hybrid (gone)
1975 bobtail (gone)

Post #399083 3rd Aug 2016 8:51pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

It all depends on whether you can live with it. Looks fine to me but then I already colour sanded a lot of my L322 to get rid of orange peel. It's always there to some degree due to robotic painting but as long as there's enough paint/lacquer it can be de-nibbed and machine polished.

Of course, the other question is whether you trust them to do it properly. Dealers use bodyshops, not detailers. If they mop it you should expect burn damaged window rubbers, holograms etc.

Post #399110 4th Aug 2016 6:50am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I believe there is a saying in the motor trade: "They've all had paint". The assumption is that every car has needed to be touched up at some stage in its life - no matter how young or old.

Post #399287 5th Aug 2016 11:37am
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Haylands wrote:
This happens far more than people think, lots and lots of new cars get damaged at some point between manufacture and delivery... Most owners will never know....

Some years ago my wife's (girlfriend then!) uncle came over from detroit for a visit, he was a senior Manager at Chrysler and we went down to Ryton to pick up a Chrysler 300 they had loaned him. While we were there we got a quick tour of the plant and I was very surprised to see that in one area they were loading up small dents in panels of some cars with solder before the car went into the paint shop!

Post #399288 5th Aug 2016 11:45am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

VW channel all their cars damaged during delivery to SWS Salvage who sell them as unrecorded to Joe public. It seems VW won't repair and then sell as new cars so why should LR with a £100k+ car? Possibly just a paint scratch but it's still a damaged repaired car and its up to you to live with and forget about it over time or send it back for a replacement.

Me, I'd kick up a stink and demand a replacement as I think they've been underhand.

Post #399370 6th Aug 2016 7:17am
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

You had a fantastic deal with the car, although I think you said that the dealer rang you so clearly they were wanting to move it on. The paint issue may or may not have influenced that.

However, you didn't get the discount because the car had been damaged and repaired so you knew nothing about it. The dealer should have mentioned it at the time. I suspect as it is exactly the one you have been looking for you may still have bought it, although your case for a bigger discount would have been a strong one I think.

I'm no lawyer but I think you would have a right to reject it as you weren't told but am not sure if you would be entitled to another brand new one. The dealer could just give you a refund.

Alternatively, if you would be happy to keep the car, and the paint issue can be resolved then you could pursue a further discount with the dealer.

Good luck. 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #399371 6th Aug 2016 8:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12