Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Are height sensors sided
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
joeypineapplez

Ireland 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green
Are height sensors sided

Can height sensors be swapped from passenget side to driver side. Ive read different accounts on the internet so im none the wiser. Just curious really as Ive got a dodgy one on the passenger side giving weird readings and I thought if I could swap them over it would be running on fresh track and may get a 2nd life for awhile.

Just as a side note my rear driver side sensor snapped the arm so I bodged that and its working perfectly now. It caused my rear to drop and a suspension inactive fault. But when I went to calibrate everything the front passenger sensor was giving off the scale readings. (-2341). The suspension went bananas went I went into Live Values. I havent been able to calibrate anything as a result. Guess I need a new one if swapping has no effect. 2002 TD6 Epsom Green

Post #401123 19th Aug 2016 11:04am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

IIRC fronts are sided, rears are the same... they don't tend to have one part where they are sloppy when I've removed old ones, you can spin it in your hand and the arm is sloppy on the entire 360 degrees, the new ones are tight and firm... So swapping may work but don't hold your breath...

I threw away the arms a long while ago and made some out of metal rod with a loop on each end, the plastic ones kept getting snapped whilst off road, the medal ones just bend a bit and are easy to straighten in the field... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #401128 19th Aug 2016 11:36am
woodrjh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Can someone confirm if the front height sensors on cars with variable damping are sided?

Or did they just remove the handing on the later cars? My car is 2012MY and the part number appears to be the same for both front ones LR023652.

I'm getting intermittent adaptive suspension failure, and have C1A03-22 SUMB Front left height sensor error.

My variable damper cables on top of the the front shocks look like the upgraded ones and there is no sign of a problem with them, but i'll take them apart too and check.

I'd like to swap the height sensors side to side to see if the problem recurs or moves. IID tool on the way as I know from reading around the forum that the suspension will need to be recalibrated. I don't trust my SDD as the old laptop running it keeps freezing up...

Rick

Post #607758 30th Sep 2021 9:09am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

MY10-12 have identical sensors left and right, but different sensors with and without adaptive dynamics, although adaptive ones will work on non-adaptive vehicles (MY10). Your part numbers are correct according to Microcat 2012 version.

Post #607763 30th Sep 2021 9:47am
woodrjh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

So it looks like my intermittent adaptive suspension failure was the classic loose/broken wire to the top of the front damper.

My car appears to have been fitted with LR032839 - UPGRADE SUSPENSION ADAPTIVE DAMPER WIRING FOR RANGE ROVER L322 - 2009-2012 - GENUINE LAND ROVER kits, but whoever did the job was not very good.

The new damper wires were crimped to the old loom connections, but when I pulled gently, one of the crimped wires on the left damper came adrift, so I suspect it was loose and making intermittent connections.

It's been reconnected now, so time will tell if that was the fault.

Rick

Post #607879 1st Oct 2021 4:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1