Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Upgraded Head Unit 2004 Part2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Testarossa1967

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover HSE Td6 Giverny Green
Upgraded Head Unit 2004 Part2

Hi , just an update to the last post of my Dynavin N6 head unit .
I have used it this week and as usual with these things its hit and miss , SO...

NEGATIVES ....The screen is reflective in sunlight , dependant on angle ( i don't know if the Android ones are the same )

The DAB is very hit and miss , when it's got a signal it's really good and i wanted to listen to alternative stations that are digital only ( 6 Music ) , but its a switch all or nothing and you seem to loose the presets if the signal goes completely so you set it all up again !!! I have looked briefly online and it seems a common issue with all DAB , i haven't had chance to look into solutions and it maybe i just need to play around with it to get right , but i was hoping for a system that didn't need faffing with to get it working .

POSITIVES......Sound quality is really good and lots of settings to play with , even a graphic equaliser ( for those of you like me who grew up in the 80's ) .

Touch screen is just sensitive enough so i am not treating it like a SinclairZX80 keyboard or its flipping through menu's too much .

Sat Nav ( By iGO ) is brilliant , they supply a lot of OEM systems to various manufacturers and it shows , it's a card based system so i can update it online when i need to , and i can do this with the firmware update for the head unit itself .
Easy iPod integration , the "cradle" i used has worked great and its all controllable from the unit , also the streaming works just as well and the bluetooth phone paring is easy .

All in all its really good , for those interested the unit is £599 with £140 for DAB and £40 for the extension for the Amp in the boot if you have one plus fitting , there are fitting diagrams in the user instructions so if your better at electrics than me you could save money , i just wanted peace of mind and a warranty .

If i have any other experiences good or bad i'll feed them back into the mix.

Post #398433 30th Jul 2016 4:58pm
Svennis

Norway 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black

Hi.
I'm considering buying a dynavin n6 for my RR Vogue 2004 mod, but I'm wondering Iif the unit works with the onboard computer? Can You reset fuel consumation? Adjust the preheating(aux heating)? Chance the time on the "analog" clock in the wehicle?
And finally, would You recomend the unit?

Best regards

Svennis

Post #401742 23rd Aug 2016 6:32pm
Testarossa1967

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover HSE Td6 Giverny Green

Hi , the on board diagnostics still work on the small screen under the speedo/rev counter ,using the left hand stalk as before , I am not sure about resetting that as I haven't tried it .
I suppose that given the total cost , it's a good unit , I wanted a backup of a warranty and being able to update the firmware for the head unit and sat nav , and I don't know if this is possible with the eBay sellers units .
All in all its good if you accept that it's expensive compared to a standard side head unit , if there is anything else you want to know ask and I'll do my best to answer .

Post #401751 23rd Aug 2016 7:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1