Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 43 <123 456 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Fuse hasn't blown so far, so good news on that front, the gearbox is going into limp mode again more often than not now, and coolant is mysteriously disappearing again.

But that is irrelevant for today. I had to take my beloved Greyhound Oscar to the vets this morning to have him put to sleep, it was the hardest decision I have ever had to make and my home does not feel right without him in it. My other 2 dogs are missing him too.

I had him for the last 8 years of his life, he was 14 years old and an ex race dog who was abused in Ireland and Brighton, when he came to me he was bald from his shoulders to his tale and so thin all you could feel was his bones when making a fuss. I nursed him back to health at 6 years old and never had any medical issues with him until recently. We tried medication and diet changes as the vet thought he may of had colitis, but turns out it might have been cancer. I couldn't let him suffer any longer and he was not the same playful happy dog he used to be not so long ago anymore. It has torn me apart inside though, I feel guilty for taking that decision away from him, and for not being able to nurse him back to health again. The vets were very good with him though, and was glad that I had 1 dedicated vet for him throughout his illness over the last few months. I ended up with him by accident from a rescue centre as I went to collect a whippet cross lurcher, but the advert was misprinted so that dog was not suitable as was not friendly with other animals, I didn't want a huge dog, but ended up with Oscar, 1 of the biggest greyhounds on record, and have never once regreted getting him. He has been so loving, loyal, full of character, vocal when he wants something, was a thief at the beginning but learned that he didn't have to steal food to get fed after a while.

I wish today had never come, I wish that I could have had him for at least another couple of years.

RIP Oscar.

Post #409980 20th Oct 2016 5:21pm
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

RIP Oscar, gone but never forgotten.. ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #409981 20th Oct 2016 5:32pm
green-oval-nut

The gearbox has gotten bad again, I don't get any juddering or slipping gears, but now 99% of journeys end up with it ending up i TRANS FAIL SAFE mode. Puts it into 4th and stays there. Getting very tedious to be honest. But for now I am not in position to get it sorted. And worst of all my back up car and off road toy Range Dog is being a total nightmare now too. Drove it fine for over 200 miles. Parked it up, then all of a sudden, nightmare to get started from cold (4.6 Gems P38), then finally refused to start altogether, had to call breakdown out, they got it running, but badly, and it won't idle.

So the P38 is getting lots of attention for the next few days anyway.

Post #410706 26th Oct 2016 12:42am
green-oval-nut

Looks like I am kissing goodbye to Sussex. A county I will never miss as long as I live. Born and bred in Sussex, but wish I was born in another country.

All 3 cars will have to make a 1 way journey of over 200 miles if all goes to plan. I am having to borrow my Mum's car to head north to go property hunting at the weekend, and the plan is, by the end of the month, I will be moving into a new property.

I am not confident about this Range Rover making the journey as the gearbox goes into trans fail safe after about 8 miles and I have no budget at all left to repair the gearbox until after Christmas, so just need to limp it to the the new address and then I will be happy.

I am dreading taking the other Range Rover, windows don't open, exhaust is leaking, possibly had the rad stabbed by my darling psycho neighbour and it currently does not like starting or idling. But is at the garage having spark plugs changed, and every penny I scrape together now is having to go on Range Dog to get it ready for the big move especially as it will be towing my trailer behind it.

Really glad I have breakdown cover right now.

I also have to get the trailer ready for the move.

Only things I am going to miss from the area are the few friends I know and trust and the RPM. Wish I could take the owner and his family with me so that I know I won't get ripped off and that my cars will be repaired.

But enough is enough of the hell down here. The police have been utterly useless, The local council have only just finally got off there backsides and have agreed to something which I can't state until after it has happened, the Housing Association's staff are vicious and malicious, and I have had enough of it. I have become extremely ill, and it has had a knock on affect on my health, my studies and my home life.

If I had my way, I would be heading to Scotland, but after the last lot of properties that I viewed, I fell in love with Cambridgeshire, and will be looking around Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and even Norfolk and Suffolk. Although concentrating on 1 of those areas. Just can't wait to be moved. Planning on being gone by the last day of this month.

And I am also facing the possibility that I may have to sell this Range Rover although that will be an absolute LAST resort.

Post #411746 1st Nov 2016 8:00pm
green-oval-nut

I am adding a little complication to my life. I am infact taking the last owner of this Range Rover to court. The advert clearly stated along with all the messages that I have that the gearbox was in perfect working order with no faults at all.

I have given him long enough to reply and nothing. So I sent 1 last message offering him the option of either returning my Discovery 3 in the condition he took it in or pay for my gearbox. I think that is more than fair given that my old Discovery is now out of MOT and I cannot drive it anymore because of my health, so would have to get it MOT'd and sell it anyway. Plus he did not tell me about the other jobs that needed doing, which I understand that a car of this age will need work, but when bodge jobs leave a car in a dangerous condition, and the seller is a trader knowingly doing this, and refuses to rectify the situation. I will happily oblige and go through court. So paperwork all done, just needs a stamp and off it goes, so 24 hours and if I hear nothing from HOVESAM on Ebay, then I will post the paperwork off.

I would love to keep this Range Rover but the repairs already just to get it to the standard that the seller I got it from claims it was in come to OVER £4500. Not being funny, But I could buy another one of these in better condition for that I think. I would rather not swap back, I would prefer to keep this motor, but only time will tell.

Post #412480 7th Nov 2016 5:03am
daz62

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Wow, what a journey. I hope it all works out well for you. Shocked 03 4.4 V8 petrol / lpg. 1st of many hopefully. I love my Rangie

Post #412489 7th Nov 2016 10:09am
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

hope it all works out for you. 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #412514 7th Nov 2016 12:04pm
kimlahti

Finland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Alaska White

Are the error codes P0730 &P0756 still present? Were the solenoid connectivity measured from EAT ecu connection? I would check the connectivity to all solenoids and speed sensors. Here is couple of threads with help from RRPhil. Smile

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic10859.html

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post314996.html -08 3.6 Vogue
-87 951

Post #412524 7th Nov 2016 1:22pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

green-oval-nut wrote:
I am infact taking the last owner of this Range Rover to court.

Was it a private purchase or through a dealer...?? Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #412613 7th Nov 2016 11:49pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

private purchase no comeback don't waste your money on a solicitor spend it on getting car sorted

Post #413125 11th Nov 2016 6:59pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I thought similarly. Now, if it was sold with finance owing that's one thing (selling something you don't own), but I always thought a private sell was 'as is'.

Post #413308 13th Nov 2016 12:50am
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

There is some comeback for private if the car was sold knowingly of a fault, but trying to prove this would be impossible as seller would just claim i did not know as there not a mechanic, no point wasting money trying to get any money back.

if ever buying privately getting the car inspected can be worth its waiting gold, as alot inspections come with a warranty so if something is wrong and not picked up on your could be covered.

below quoted from which.

Quote:
Second-hand car bought privately

You have fewer rights when you buy from a private seller and key parts of the Consumer Rights Act don't apply.

For example, there is no legal requirement for a car to be of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose.

But legally the seller must:

accurately describe the second-hand car (for example, an advert must not say 'one owner' when the car has had several)
not misrepresent the second-hand car (tell you something about the car which isn't true such as if it’s been in an accident, the owner must answer truthfully).
 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #413486 14th Nov 2016 11:42am
Josh Wyatt

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

The OP has mentioned that the sale was not private, it was from a trader. In this case the Consumer Rights Act is the piece you'll need to know to get a result.

It's all about reasonableness from both sides, hopefully you'll get a swift resolution!

Post #413501 14th Nov 2016 12:56pm
green-oval-nut

The trader has gone to ground, and I do not have the full name so extra effort is having to be put into this case.

I took the Range Rover to SAT in Hailsham, they plugged it in like RPM and AMG had already and got the same codes. I expected that, but SAT want to replace the wiring loom. And wanted to charge me £200 all in for a used loom and labour! When I told my trusty mechanic this, I guess he was shocked and quoted me £40 for the labour! I am not convinced that a new loom will solve the issues.

However this Range Rover is now properly a road ornament until I can get the money together to have the above work done.

Today has been nothing but hell too. First of all I had to drive a Mondeo with NO BRAKES down a very steep hill that had a bend that makes the road double back on itself to get it to my mechanic to get it fixed and found out the side of the brake pads on 1 disc had embedded itself into the disc scoring it badly. I collected my other Range Rover at the same time, and had to get fuel and because of what it is, I got held up talking to people at the petrol station about it as I was blocked in by other cars getting fuel anyway.

Then had to take this Range Rover over to SAT, collect my other half from work, rush home to swap over into the other Range Rover as I have been told to not use this one anymore as I could totally wreck the gearbox, and get to my mechanic to collect the Mondeo before they closed. And this lot of journeys spanned across about 35 miles of the south coast, I ended up driving over 100 miles between all 3 cars in the space of 7 hours. Very exhausting for me.

I now have a very expensive paperweight.

Post #414012 16th Nov 2016 11:25pm
kimlahti

Finland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Alaska White

I was reading about code P0756 and RAVE tells "Shift control solenoid 2 open circuit" but same DTC code in BMW workshop manual is "Shift solenoid B performance or stuck off" meaning that it could be a mechanical issue with transmission. Replacing valve body with known good unit would be a easy start. If it doesn't help then the transmission has to come off the vehicle. I would contact RRPhil. Smile

It is very good looking paper weight anyway. Wink -08 3.6 Vogue
-87 951

Post #414034 17th Nov 2016 10:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 43 <123 456 ... 414243>