Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 43 <123 ... 678 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

UK Marine wrote:
Give Pat a PM and he'll be able to tell you about the three flashes. I've heard of it but I've haven't seen it on my travels around the IIDtool.

Regards

Who is Pat?

Post #417669 12th Dec 2016 10:59pm
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Pat is one of the site sponsors, you might of heard of them - Gap. They make the IIDtool you've just bought.

His name on here is PatGAPInnov. Give him a PM and ask about any particular features your interested in, they have superb customer support. All I'd like to point out though is that they are situated in Canada so the time difference applies if your after fast answers.

He's a really nice and very helpful guy who's probably helped most of us on here that have the IIDtool .

Best of luck.. ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #417672 12th Dec 2016 11:22pm
green-oval-nut

My weekend went to hell, I was supposed to fitting the headlight to my Range Rover Sunday afternoon and finishing a custom build set of headlights for a guy with a D3 from the other Forum, but early hours of the morning for the 3rd time this year, due to a combination of certain medication, extreme stress, some food I had been eating a lot of recently and some days not drinking enough, ended up with kidney stones, So was rushed in to Hospital in an unconscious state, I came round after being in hospital for 6 hours, had a CT scan to confirm what I already knew, to only be told that the ambulance crew had taken me to the wrong hospital despite being given instructions to take me to another one, so was told the stone was big enough to cause a blockage, the biggest I have ever had was 9mm in March this year, this one nowhere near as big thankfully, but told that I had to make my way to A&E at the Hospital I was supposed to have been taken to in the first place, bearing in mind this was at 8.30pm after being taken to hospital at 6am approx, and after the appalling treatment I had by the agency staff which involved leaving me for over an hour in my own sick, filling between my hand and the bone with saline solution and morphine as she didn't put the cannula in properly so my hand trippled in size. I have got the photo somewhere, and when they put the blood pressure thing on my arm it was literally pouring out of the hole where the cannula was, she was rude to my Mum when confronted, and when she did something wrong, would start speaking another language. So I decided I had had enough of hospitals and the size of the worst stone was at a size I could possibly pass on my own, to go home! Anyone else who reads this who has suffered from Kidney stones, drinks with high citrus levels help break down the smaller stones. That worked for me and so far have passed 9 stones. Still more to go, but the largest one out and I am home. So my Range Rover has had to wait. Same as the P38, I won't see that until Thursday now. And I am still very unwell from this. I collapsed before passing out and also did a lot of damage to my shoulder and arms. 1 good thing though, thanks to the Mondeo being up the swanny, my other half brought the L322 to the Hospital and it was great being able to drive that home using the heated seat to assist with my pain levels.

Rambling on over.

I am hoping to complete the work to the L322 this weekend if the car hasn't already gone into the garage.

The list I can think of that it currently needs are:

Gearbox.
All 3 Chains and associated parts.
Rear passenger light.
Parking sensor.
1 front suspension airbag.
Possibly both rear suspension airbags.
EAS Compressor.
Front suspension height sensor.
Remote key. (Wanted not needed lol)
Micro switch in passenger mirror.
Micro switch in upper tailgate.
Catalytic converter.
Handbrake needs sorting.
Stereo screen is playing up.
Front passenger occupancy sensor.
Air pipe under the bonnet.
Front lower suspension bushes. (Thinking about fitting poly bushes if available)
1 Headlight.
1 front indicator/sidelight unit.
Mystery coolant loss (Suspected gearbox oil cooler issue)

I have already got coming for Christmas for it, Multi function bumper lights to replace the reflectors in the rear bumper, Upgraded H7 bulbs for Main beams, Chrome door handle covers and most of the LED bulbs to do the interior lights.

Plus from a previous planned project, I have a reverse camera to fit, but would like to wire that to my existing head unit although considering the android upgrade in the future.

Headlights and front indicators inserts are going to be painted black along with the headlight wiper arms. I am thinking about painting the bonnet panel with the washer jets in black as well as it is scruffy, I want to change the rear lights for the lights with the red bottom lights and clear top lights, fit a roof spoiler on the back, upgrade the fog light bulbs on the front and paint the front grill black as well. I might change the mirrors for the later type as well but not entirely sure yet. I will also be changing the bonnet and boot lettering for chrome letters and the trim at the bottom of the top tail gate will have a chrome cover as well.

I would love to fit a stainless cat back exhaust system as well, but that is very low on my list right now.

Although I list the above things, I have them prioritised differently to how I have listed them. And I am more determined to customize my RR as there is a lot like mine on the road.

I may even upgrade the front end of my RR to a later model in future as well, but not entirely sure.

Once I have a property with its own driveway, then I will have more flexibility on what I do and with money as I won't be forced into paying a garage for jobs I can do myself.

I am getting very excited about this car now Very Happy

If I don't post anything before Christmas, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I probably will be on before then anyway lol

Click image to enlarge

Post #417674 12th Dec 2016 11:27pm
green-oval-nut

UK Marine wrote:
Pat is one of the site sponsors, you might of heard of them - Gap. They make the IIDtool you've just bought.

His name on here is PatGAPInnov. Give him a PM and ask about any particular features your interested in, they have superb customer support. All I'd like to point out though is that they are situated in Canada so the time difference applies if your after fast answers.

He's a really nice and very helpful guy who's probably helped most of us on here that have the IIDtool .

Best of luck..

Thanks, I will look him up now. Yeah I have heard of GAP lol, I had to buy a new license for my tool from them to activate for my specific car.

Post #417675 12th Dec 2016 11:35pm
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Good luck with all of your endeavours my friend and a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Regards ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #417676 12th Dec 2016 11:35pm
green-oval-nut

Pat from GAP kindly told me that the early Range Rover L322's didn't have the lane assist indicator option Sad
And due to delays at the garage through no fault of there's, this Range Rover hasn't gone in yet and I don't have my P38 back yet either. Managed to get ripped off by A M Diesels in Middlesex who claim to refurbish injectors to Delphi's standards and requirements, but sent a cleaned injector which wasn't done properly and is faulty. Not happy.

So the poor L322 is getting a little mechanically neglected right now. But will be going in soon to have a lot of jobs done to get it through the next MOT.

Post #418245 17th Dec 2016 1:28am
green-oval-nut

Not sure if yesterdays symptom will mean the Range Rover will no longer be even limpable anymore.

I drove down to the garage to drop of a new section of exhaust for my P38 and when I got out, I noticed an extremely strong smell in the air, as the garage I uses does welding, I assumed it was the garage as it smelt like metal had been welded. So not thinking anymore of it, on the way home I noticed a sort of fart like smell coming into the car, being honest I thought maybe my other half had cut one in the car. Got home, and when I got out of the car, all I could smell, which was extremely strong, was the same smell like metal has just been freshly welded.

The car did not behave any differently to normal though, went into Trans Fail Safe as expected, but the smell is a new addition to the car. It used to just smell of hot ATF oil.

So now I am on the hunt for a used but good gearbox.

Post #419238 23rd Dec 2016 2:03am
jambo27

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Any chance your smell is unrelated to your transmission woes ? I had same smell and turned out to be a sticking rear caliper - a somewhat common fault apparantly. 2008 TDV8

Post #419244 23rd Dec 2016 5:28am
green-oval-nut

jambo27, I think you are right. I have been using my Range Rover and the symptoms of the gearbox haven't gotten any worse, my handbrake is faulty anyway, so I believe that maybe this new smell is something to do with the handbrake components in the rear wheels. Smell is strongest from the drivers side. But can't tell if it is stronger at the rear or the front as I cannot bend down to sniff the wheels Rolling with laughter A sentence I never imagined myself writing.

Post #419504 24th Dec 2016 10:39pm
green-oval-nut

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Mine was great, phones switched off, just the TV, my partner and my Dogs as we suffered the family visits delivering presents on Christmas Eve lol. I say suffer, visiting the family and spending time is ok, but Christmas day for the last 11 years, we have refused to leave the home apart from walking the dogs lol.

I got some pretty good presents, but they are more for the car than me lol.

The L322 got Chrome Handle Covers, a book, and some cleaning products.
I got a mug with the P38 on it. Car battery charger and small jump pack and other car related stuff lol.

My birthday is coming up fast, and what I have asked for, is a new gearbox lol. I doubt I will get one though lol. But can hope that maybe all the family will club together for the 1 thing I really would like. We shall see what happens.

But really pleased that I got to use the L322 for visiting the family. Apart from going into limp mode and the welded metal smell coming back repeatedly. It drove as it normally does.

Post #419593 26th Dec 2016 2:29am
green-oval-nut

Mystery leak finally presented itself, Top radiator hose despite looking quite new! There was crusty pink stuff at both ends of the pipe, so it is off the road for now as still waiting for my P38 to come home.

Not got long left on the MOT now Sad

I need to get a cat for the right hand side, fit the headlight, get the front passenger suspension looked at and the handbrake needs adjusting or something.

Post #421066 4th Jan 2017 1:04am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I expect you will find the handbrake needs substantially more than adjusting, the shoes rot, the clips and springs rot, the backplate which the shoes are fixed to rots, if you're unlucky the shoes delaminate, jam fast and destroy everything...

Usually needs the whole lot replacing on one our age...

And when you have and it's working it's next to useless.... Big Cry Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #421161 4th Jan 2017 6:43pm
green-oval-nut

Rolling with laughter to the Haylands comment.

I only want the Handbrake working for the sake of the MOT Laughing

All I can do is hope for the best, It works, but barely and sits really high, but has been an MOT advisory for several years on and off.

I think I am probably going a little over kill with the repairs right now, but just trying to leave as little excuse for it to fail as possible.

Post #421173 4th Jan 2017 7:24pm
green-oval-nut

I can't even bring myself to look at my Range Rover right now, Friday night my otherhalf went to put some shopping in the car ready for me to give to my Mum this coming week, (we live in a tiny property) so stuff that doesn't need to be put in the fridge sometimes gets left in the cars lol. And came back indoors to say that the central locking had packed up and the interior light wasn't coming, and the key wouldn't even turn in the ignition.

So after a long awaited suspected faulty battery which I was avoiding dealing with for as long as possible, decided in the last heavy front where it has been parked up for over a week, to finish off its battery, kindly just in time for the MOT! Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored

I looked at Euro Car Parts and thought the batteries that they had for sale were good prices, until someone on Facebook kindly pointed out the spec! So I have now ordered a heavy duty battery from Tayna for just under £107 with 950CCA and 110ah. Couldn't have picked a worse time to need a battery as I have had to spend a truck load on all 3 motors in November and December which included new batteries for the other 2 motors.

So not a happy bunny. This has forced me to get off my backside, go through the sheds and list all my Discovery 3 parts for sale. But this Range Rover will be out of MOT before I can put it through a test as it will be in the garage for a few weeks being diagnosed and repaired. I am seriously hoping that the old faulty battery will explain most of the gremlins my car has. But won't know until the new battery arrives.

The top radiator hose is leaking as well and annoyingly, the garage has it sitting in there office ready to fit, but I couldn't get the car there Big Cry

But I can honestly say that last Friday was one of those days where I couldn't hate my Range Rovers more, especially as Range Dog had to have yet more money thrown at it for the exhaust, but it was because I didn't listen properly. My whole life has now had to be put on hold until I get Range Dog back as I now have no transport during the week.

Things wouldn't be so dire if all 3 cars hadn't broken down in expensive ways. The Mondeo had to have a new injector, front brake pads and discs and a battery, Range Dog had to have a complete replacement exhaust system from front to back, replacement middle brake light, new fusebox and battery, and this one so far as far as I know will need Handbrake repairs, front passenger suspension repair, front passenger lower arm (not 100% confirmed yet), gearbox, cat, battery, headlight and radiator hose. Give it a few more months and it will all be manageable. And especially if I manage to move to a property with a drive, then I can go back to doing a lot of things myself.

Post #421841 9th Jan 2017 12:54am
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

fingers crossed that battery helps

Post #421842 9th Jan 2017 12:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 43 <123 ... 678 ... 414243>