Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Reverse camera repair / upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
stucart

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Hopefully here's a pic of the end of the LR cable that was going to the camera in close up showing how the 4 connections are made to connect to the "aftermarket " camera cable or to cables of phono plugs to allow plug in of camera. Hope this helps and clears up any confusion. Stu

Click image to enlarge

Post #410987 27th Oct 2016 8:19pm
forever

United Kingdom 

Outstanding thanks Stu

Post #410993 27th Oct 2016 8:56pm
stucart

Glad that's helped/ cleared it up, word of caution make sure no stray strands of braid don't get caught in positive connection that would cause havoc I'm sure. Perhaps strip back longer than I've shown.
Will try post finished New camera and bracket actually on RR pics tomorrow. Stu

Post #410994 27th Oct 2016 9:06pm
themule

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Frustration here Banging Head I got the new camera, made up the loom perfectly and plugged it in - still a black screen.

I then checked the voltage to the camera - nothing (well, about 400mV), also no voltage from the existing connection Evil or Very Mad I wired the camera to an external power supply and it worked perfectly.

I am now thinking my problem all along was dodgy wiring not a duff camera. Or maybe the circuit is not being completed when you select reverse.

I traced the wiring back through into the headliner, it doesn't look damaged.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do? There is the wiring for the high level brake light I could piggy back off maybe.

Post #412134 4th Nov 2016 6:42pm
stucart

If the camera worked when you connected a power source (i.e. It overrode screen image to give rear view) then I suppose you could pick up a feed for it from reversing lights perhaps.
Connecting it to high level brake light would only give you view of what was about run into you when you braked!! Lol

Post #412403 6th Nov 2016 7:42pm
themule

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Thanks.

It was a fuse in the end, it must have blown when I was messing with the camera. The fuse is a 5 A at position 12 if that helps anyone.

Anyway it's all working now after a huge amount of messing about. Thanks all for advice.

Post #412415 6th Nov 2016 8:22pm
stucart

Very Happy glad you got it sorted, all be it with some frustration Thumbs Up

Post #412529 7th Nov 2016 2:02pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Has anyone fitted a new/cheapo camera that doesn't have the reverse markers on the lense? It's beginning to bug me having them offset on the screen and I'm looking to see how I can replace the existing camera with one that has no marker lines. Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #440674 5th Jun 2017 9:33am
kbald

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Sorry to jump in on the thread n1cktdv8 but can i also ask if alongside the reversing lines not being there does anyone elses replacement camera seem to be zoomed in too so things seem a lot closer than they actually are and closer then they would be on the original one?? And if so is there a setting somewhere to change this? Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #440679 5th Jun 2017 9:46am
stucart

I seem to think there was a green wire that you could snip to disable the lines, it was a loop I think. I rotated the camera in the housing until the lines seemed to line up on mine and it's pretty good actually.

Post #440745 5th Jun 2017 9:05pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up ^ a lot of the Ping Pong cameras have a looped wire at the plug end which when cut turns off the reversing grid.. but if there is no loop then you can't turn it off...

"Can you zoom" ?? Shocked What in Gods name are you doing in reverse?? Wink You can get different degrees of lense angle ... 170 deg is the sort of norm nowadays, but I have seen 150 and 120 deg cameras, which would take in less view and therefore sort of zoom in Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #440761 6th Jun 2017 5:49am
hamlet

Ireland 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Buckingham Blue

kbald wrote:
Sorry to jump in on the thread n1cktdv8 but can i also ask if alongside the reversing lines not being there does anyone elses replacement camera seem to be zoomed in too so things seem a lot closer than they actually are and closer then they would be on the original one?? And if so is there a setting somewhere to change this?

I think there's a setting in the "secret menu" to change the camera view, I'm pretty sure I changed it when I replaced my camera, having said that, I think I changed my camera twice as I found the view better from a camera I removed from another vehicle and was just lying around.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic28741.html

Post #440827 6th Jun 2017 6:56pm
kbald

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Thanks i will have a look at that and see if therea anything to adjust! I was looking more to zoom out so i could see then end of the rear bumper on mine so it would give me an idea of space available behind as its so zoomed in now you cant tell! If this doesn't work i will have a look at the wider angle ones and see if the work better! Thumbs Up Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #440830 6th Jun 2017 7:25pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle There's going to be tears before bedtime Whistle If your camera is a factory fit, under the spoiler..... it doesn't matter how much you zoom in and out, you are never going to see the bumper... unless it's fallen off Shocked Because the camera is mounted 18" in from the rear the tailgate obstructs any and all views of the bumper. If you want to see the bumper you'll need to fit another camera... like the BMW X5 ones that replace a number plate lamp Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #440872 7th Jun 2017 7:09am
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Miggit - that is a consideration for me presently. I've never been 100% happy with the camera, or the replacement. I am thinking of ordering another Chinese fleabay £5 special and hopefully find this green wire to cut.

I'm also thinking I could mount this in one of the tailgate lights. It would be a huge benefit for me to see the towball when hitching up Thumbs Up

What about fitting one in the bumper itself, just in the black non painted area in the centre, then it'd be just above the towball....time to think Whistle Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #441056 9th Jun 2017 12:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>