Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > New Discovery pricing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
marsie

England 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

I like the looks and the interior but cannot understand why they have offset the rear numberplate when they didn't need to Sad . Would have looked better in the centre
Paul Paul

2014 Range Rover vogue se 4.4sdv8 Loire Blue
1992 Range Rover Vogue LSE 4.2 Ardennes green

Post #407228 1st Oct 2016 9:06am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Pricing structure is simple, they asked a load of people who have no clue what real money is what they thought they cost them and then priced accordingly knowing those that want to stay LR will just take the next model down the ladder to stay in a green oval and those that can't or won't will burger off to a different manufacturer.

Their profit margin has got to be something scary on each vehicle they sell that's past the £40k mark, is imagine at least 50% if not a 75% and then 100% once you pass the base prices of £60k FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #407496 3rd Oct 2016 7:55am
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I do like technology but for someone (like me) who uses the car for lugging stuff about I'm always apprehensive when I hear "two litre" thrown in the mix when a car this size is rolled out. It's does give impressive power figures, only 18bhp down on the three litre and 50bhp more than my old D3.

It's a bit 'Audi' in it's design though, which is disappointing but very much expected.

Once you L405 chaps warm up to it and head to the all-new D5 forum it will once again give us lesser mortals the opportunity to upgrade !! Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #407502 3rd Oct 2016 8:35am
miggit

United Kingdom 

"The new Discovery is 141mm longer than the previous model, but narrower and lower as well. "

Whistle That's a good recipe for an off roader.... long, lean and low...... Ideal for those Chelsea tractor lovers, not so good for anyone buying a 4x4 to go off road.... are they trying to naff up their go anywhere reputation?

The Discovery has always been the rugged version of the Range Rover for me, will do anything a Range Rover will... except total luxury, that's what Range Rover were invented for...... So what will Joe Public do now if they have 4.2 kids and a Shire Horse to lug around? If Hummer start offering the H1 with the wheel on the correct side.......... Rolling Eyes Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #407505 3rd Oct 2016 8:52am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

marsie wrote:
I like the looks and the interior but cannot understand why they have offset the rear numberplate when they didn't need to Sad . Would have looked better in the centre
Paul

That's because, when they looked at the old Disco 4 and wondered what the most important aspect of the car was to all of its current owners (such as the massive and cubic load space, the flat load floor, the eminently practical split tailgate and the fact that it still looks like a traditional Land Rover), they hit on the thing that we've all been asking for: an offset numberplate!

Laughing

Post #407514 3rd Oct 2016 10:37am
marsie

England 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Paul Paul

2014 Range Rover vogue se 4.4sdv8 Loire Blue
1992 Range Rover Vogue LSE 4.2 Ardennes green

Post #407893 6th Oct 2016 7:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12