Home > Technical (L322) > Aerosus suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stacker

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue
Aerosus suspension

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had any dealings with, or is running aerosus front struts and airbags?

Came across them online, German company I believe, as I'm struggling to afford a Delphi one at the moment. I saw a guy on here had fitted just the bag and had problems with it leaking but I'm looking to buy the strut with bag fitted off them!

Will buy a Delphi one if I have to, but just asking about...

Cheers 

Post #407244 1st Oct 2016 12:37pm
tb10

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Stacker,

I bought a couple of their airbags last year (September 15) and I'm very pleased with them. The only issue I had, which was annoying at the time, was that the new seals that came with the bags didn't actually 'seal' and having put the airbag on the strut, then off then on again, I eventually put the old seals back in and they have been fine since. I've had no problems at all and I think the cost of both bags, delivered, was (then pre Brexit exchange rate) about £270.00.

I'd use them again for sure.

I hope this helps?

regards

John

Post #407250 1st Oct 2016 1:46pm
Stacker

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I take it by you saying you replaced the bags that you just did the air bag? The other guy on this forum had a problem with them sealing but never said what happened in the end.

I've just been looking for general reviews on Aerosus, and most of them look good. I would be looking to replace the whole shock absorber, but understand that should be changed in pairs!

I'm wondering if it would make much difference just to replace one for now, and wait until the other fails, as I've already said budget is an important factor.

I could either buy one aerosus, one Delphi or two aerosus at a stretch.

Welcoming opinions from everyone on this matter!

Thanks,

Steve 

Post #407252 1st Oct 2016 2:50pm
tb10

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Hi Steve,

Yes, I just replaced the bags, not the shocks. My N/S went when I was green laning and I thought that the other would be on its way out too so I bought the O/S also. I haven't seen the other post about the sealing, but if it's the same as my issue then the original seals fixed that.

regards

John

Post #407254 1st Oct 2016 2:57pm
Joe90

England 

Pricewise, looks like a no brainer to buy the full bag and strut option, and to buy the pair (extra 10% discount!).

Mechanics will always recommend changing struts in pairs, it is common sense on important suspension parts, and also at least you are not waiting for the old one to fail!

Someone will buy your old one for @ £80 on here or on eBay...

All that remains is the quality/longevity of the Aerosus product, seems they will make it past the one year manufacturers warranty Confused

As I have a car of similar age to yours I would be tempted to give it a go. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #407263 1st Oct 2016 3:35pm
Piper

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

My experience is bad with Aerosus. If a person/customer takes the Aerosus web site at face value, you would reasonably think that these "might" be German made products and that being a German company they would be of high quality. Well from personal experience I can very their Range Rover Air Struts are very poorly made and of very very poor quality. Yes they offered to exchange their air strut but ignored that their product manufacturing failure (top nut nt torqued and leaked) to start with cost me money rectifying it to get it back on the road and then they expect me to spend even more money to remove the very low quality strut and return it to them for exchange - and then I potentially fit more low quality to my car and yet more expense. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, BUY OEM AND SAVE IN THE LONG RUN. I am left with an O/S strut that is noisy on the road and clatters off the road. Now they will not even reply to me. NOTE: they advertise that they operate in many countries, but the fact is they have ZERO back up in any country and if they did a technician could have come and looked at my car and found out their strut is of the very poorest quality.

Post #459280 2nd Dec 2017 11:29am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I have no experience of the Aerosus product, but when one of the front air bags burst on my 2004 car the LR garage just replaced that one, rather than both. The car was fine for the rest of the time I had it, at least two years. The requirement to replace both at once is maybe more a rule for metal spring type shocks rather than air. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #459299 2nd Dec 2017 1:29pm
Rewmer

England 

Got them on mine at the front. Good fit and good quality. I bought the complete struts No7 - 2003 V8 Vogue

Post #459839 6th Dec 2017 6:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1