Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Fuse MF64 - Front blower Motor Control Unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ohuntsman

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Fuse MF64 - Front blower Motor Control Unit

Hello everyone, our MF64 has burnt out. The fuse is fine but it looks like it has happend before- the fuse is on two wires out of the Fusebox and the wire has burnt off - any suggestions for re-wiring in around the back of the box?

Olly

Post #408206 7th Oct 2016 8:57pm
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

The below assumes you know or have fixed the reason why it has overheated (poor connection, overload etc.).
It is also based on the NAS circuit diagrams which I would assume would be the same as UK in this case but please check.

That fuse (MF64) is fed from a common constant live busbar through the fuse box which in turn comes from a feed from the battery (via connector C0632, red cable).
It outputs through connector C0580 on a red and blue wire to the Blower motor. The other red wire on the same connector comes from MF63 and goes to the ABS ECU.

To bypass the fuse box you would need to connect a minimum of a 4mm2 CSA cable in parallel with the input C0632 through an external maxifuse block with 50A fuse and then connected to the red and blue wire from connector C0580 again with a minimum 4mm2 CSA cable. The original MF64 fuse should be removed.

Personally I would source a 2nd hand fuse box and replace the whole board as if it's overheated to the extent of burning off a cable you don't know if it's effected nearby connections on the busbar. The above info though could be used a temporary 'fix' until you get a replacement.

Battery input to fuse box:

Output from the busbar to fuses:

Connectors (C0580 to blower motor and ABS ECU on the right, C0632 input from battery on the left):

Post #408252 8th Oct 2016 9:18am
ohuntsman

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Thank you @Weejock.

I was eyeing up one of those circuit diagrams and didn't think to look for the connectors sheet.

Have found a few on EBAY for £9.99 - £18.99 and really I think that is probably worth going for - despite the fact that I like a thorough "free fix".

I do have an LPG conversion and there is a relay fitted to the fuseboard which I hope is just on the front of the board!

Olly

Post #408323 8th Oct 2016 5:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1