Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > SVAutobiography Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey
SVAutobiography Dynamic

Has anyone driven one yet? Went to see the dealer today but they had none to show me, they gave me a brochure. Basically it is a SWB SVAutobiography tweaked dynamically, chassis, steering, exhaust, SVR engine and 8mm lower in standard ride height setting. I love my Supercharged Autobiography, best Range Rover I ever owned, so much better than previous iterations but wouldn't mind a more focused chassis set up for the twisties.
I don't like the Sport so SVR is out of the picture but I like the idea of a "full fat SVR".
I can't find any reviews, only of the LWB but this one isn't tweaked dynamically.

Post #410058 20th Oct 2016 10:18pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

for the sound.
&spfreload=5 All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #410071 21st Oct 2016 7:20am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I thought about one for my next car. I love the little details. The knurling. the diamond stitching. And the sound.

The things that stopped me:
* Fuel consumption - I'm not worried about the cost, just the time spent in petrol stations. It is rather gratuitous.
(I guess you have that already, though)
* The paint - I noticed that the configurator forced you to put special colours onto it (very few were standard, none of which I wanted).
* The interior colours - the colour combinations I wanted weren't available. It seemed strange that there were more limited options on a bespoke car
* The side grilles - they weren't available in body colour. I could get them repainted but why can't they supply them (it's an option on the LWB)
* The on-road tyres - It's the only Range Rover that is supplied with road-only tyres. I'm not sure you're allowed to put off-road tyres on it as it isn't specified. I go off-road in mine.
* The exhaust - One dealer said it sounds glorious but he thought you'd tire of it after a long journey. Not sure I would though
* I don't need another 500bph+ car - I have my Aston. I don't need this car to be exciting. I need it to take me in luxury on long journeys with the dog in the boot and my shooting kit.

Post #410097 21st Oct 2016 11:36am
XXXAngelXXX

Then buy an SC Laughing All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #410100 21st Oct 2016 11:54am
CSK

Thanks for posting the videos. I had seen the one from Land Rover. The other one reviewed by this German chap is not very entertaining is it? The Brits definitely do this better! And I'm not a Brit! Anyway the car reviewed is the discontinued SWB SVAutobiography which has been replaced by the SVAutobiography Dynamic (featured in your first video from Land Rover) which has been tweaked errr... dynamically (oh dear now I'm sounding like that German reviewer).
Chassis, steering and exhaust have been tweaked, it rides 8mm lower in the standard setting and best of all it is £17,000 cheaper than the outgoing SWB SVAutobiography.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/firs...-unveiled/
Fuel consumption won't change much from what I'm currently experiencing.
Yes I like the side vents painted but my dealer said he could have them painted for me, although depending on the colour it should be fine, certainly in the darker colours.
Well I have an Aston too but don't mind if my everyday car is also entertaining.
I love my Range Rover, probably the best car I ever owned, but I can certainly see the appeal of one that has the same quality but is a little more focused.
Big question, how does it ride? And is there a facelift coming soon?

Post #410119 21st Oct 2016 2:42pm
XXXAngelXXX

That is the spirit !

I tourned my office computer speakers LOUD and everybody *waz laufing* about *zhe moderator* Smile

PS. I want the exhaust system Sad All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #410133 21st Oct 2016 4:36pm
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

"Zis is a four seater - with two seats in the back" - mind blowing review there mate!

Flipping nice car though. I like the red! matches my eyes in the morning.

Thumbs Up 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #410151 21st Oct 2016 5:47pm
XXXAngelXXX

Honestly this guy is depressive and he needs medical help Laughing All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #410155 21st Oct 2016 6:16pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Interesting new dashboard graphics. I hadn't seen these before. Are they current model year or special for this model?

NIck 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #410166 21st Oct 2016 6:41pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

To be fair to the lad he is operating in a foreign language (imagine Jeremy Clarkson doing a review in German) and the point about four seats is presumably to contrast it with the normal five due to the executive seating. He might have been wise to avoid whatever was giving him indigestion though, and could have done with someone to move the "Brauselieferant" who stood watching in the background for quite a while.

Just on sound, I was at the same hotel as someone with a RRS SVR this year and on one occasion came out of a side road just as he was demonstrating the "loud" setting to some passengers. I thought it a bit much and inconsistent with the serene RR experience, perhaps the RR SVA Dynamic is quieter. The quilted seats are the wrong side of the line for me, I have seen Bentaygas where the effect was a bit scruffy after not too many miles, if LR want to do extra high end seats they could do worse than look at Rolls Royce, much nicer than Bentley IMHO.

And so back to the 2012 WM... Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #410176 21st Oct 2016 7:06pm
XXXAngelXXX

Dè as aithne dhut mu dheidhinn Laughing All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #410185 21st Oct 2016 7:21pm
Rosco

All just my opinion, but WRONG WRONG WRONG!! It a Range Rover FFS, if you want speed and sound get an Aston ( which most of you seem to have). I understand that JLR marketing have to sell vehicles but come on this is beyond the pale IMO. Example - Last week at local Tescos, chap in an SVR waiting for his wife while parked in the drop off zone (nothing wrong with that its an RR after all), unfortunately he zapped off to show us all his exhaust and was. I kid you not, wearing a shell suit, maybe I am long in the tooth but BLOODY HELL, tow something or go off road or live up a mountain or buy a fucin porsche, I thank you Bow down

PS, if I was going to spend £100K plus on a vehicle it wouldnt come from JLR and I love Land Rovers Thumbs Up

Post #410186 21st Oct 2016 7:28pm
wanderer

2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Some interesting views on here, but everyone to their own of course. What I find fascinating is why some feel the need to 'put down'?

CSK - I've ordered one. Confirmed for early March 17 factory collection. Currently have a 12 WM, but time for a change.

Some have said why have a FFRR if you want power/speed? Well, personally I think the current 4.4 is underpowered. Just my humble opinion of course, but I test drove one for a weekend and thought it was a 3.0; my 322 4.4 feels to have more go than the current 405 4.4.

So why not the SC? Well, by the time I'd specced an SC to where I wanted, it was a stone's throw away from from the SVAD.

Next, why have a FFRR if you want speed/power? Simples, I don't want to use the speed, but likewise I don't want to feel like the power isn't effortlessly smooth for the size of the car (see above re 4.4 test drive). I did think about something small and fast, and test drove a 911 and R8, but for 20,000 miles per year; give me something big, tall and effortlessly relaxing.

And, if it's got a fruity exhaust, so much the better Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #410200 21st Oct 2016 9:05pm
ajac8

I'm with you Rosco - what the 'ell is all this exhaust popping banking spitting and farting all about. It seems to have become quite prevalent round my parts on the local Corsa / Golf/ Focus RS mob. Nice cars but why they insist on waking up the neighborhood every night is beyond me. Big Cry 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #410296 22nd Oct 2016 6:10pm
CSK

If I had a Diesel, I'd like it to be as quiet as possible so your doubts are understandable. We're not talking about it sounding very loud but a nice V8 burble would be welcome. Remember the petrol engined classics?

Post #410304 22nd Oct 2016 7:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>