Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > After Market Warranty....Which One?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Jem0911 wrote:
My 2p worth.

I can not recommend Either of the big two, W direct and Wise.
Bad (sued em) experience with WD.

But I can highly recommend The AA and the mechanical and labour warranty they offer.
I have both my car and my wifes car covered.
Its only £500 per claim (5 allowed per year), but it only cost me £99 on top of the cover I already have with them.

They have paid twice on my wifes Mondeo, Both for items in my view are wear and tear.

Well worth a look.

I looked into this but you must have the car serviced every 12 months regardless of if your service schedule is 18 months or whatever. And I think must have full service history with no gaps etc.

RAC also do one, but only upto 100K where as the AA one does over 100K for a bit extra.

Importantly though it is only breakdown warranty - so only kicks in if your car is immobile/unsafe.

Dan 

Post #41428 8th Dec 2010 2:14pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Fox wrote:
Gaz, as a dealer (hope you don't mind me asking) can you say what the legal implications are of a business selling to a private individual?

I was under the impression many dealers took out this 3 month warentee as they are legally responsible for certain faults within 3 months. That way it kind of covered their rear end. But I could be wrong?

Yes the dealer is "potentially" liable (sale of goods act) if it can be proved that he sold a car to a private buyer with a "pre-existing" major fault. If proved that the problem did not occur after the sale then he would have to fix the problem or replace the car. That's why most dealers offer a free 3 months after-market warranty to cover themselves and be seen to be looking after the buyer.

Post #41441 8th Dec 2010 4:51pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
Jem0911 wrote:
My 2p worth.

But I can highly recommend The AA and the mechanical and labour warranty they offer.
Its only £500 per claim (5 allowed per year), but it only cost me £99 on top of the cover I already have with them.

They have paid twice on my wifes Mondeo, Both for items in my view are wear and tear.

Well worth a look.

I looked into this but you must have the car serviced every 12 months regardless of if your service schedule is 18 months or whatever. And I think must have full service history with no gaps etc.

RAC also do one, but only upto 100K where as the AA one does over 100K for a bit extra.

Importantly though it is only breakdown warranty - so only kicks in if your car is immobile/unsafe.

Dan

And not much use if the engines fails or similar....

Post #41442 8th Dec 2010 4:53pm
Jem0911

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Gazellio wrote:
dan_uk_1984 wrote:
Jem0911 wrote:
My 2p worth.

Well worth a look.

Dan

And not much use if the engines fails or similar....

I'd like to see how much would be paid out by the other cowboys if that happened.

One of the named two still owes me £5000 from a claim on an Audi, any way out they will find it.

Like a wiser poster earlier said put the premium in a high interest account for any problems. 15MY SDV8 Vogue SE

Post #41461 8th Dec 2010 5:36pm
Reformed

England 

I do the same that has been mentioned, I think its best to put money to one side for as and when, rather then a warranty. I dont really believe they are worth the paper they are printed on. Reformed

Post #41500 8th Dec 2010 10:14pm
Ludzy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Zambezi Silver

I've 12 months cover with VGS. Came with the car when bought it. Looking through the paper work it covers a decent amount of thing on the car. The only thing is that it only covers the first £1000 of any claim. I would assume most claims would cost a lot more than there offering to pay.

Cheers

Post #41647 9th Dec 2010 9:23pm
bozmandb9

AA cover good

I have the AA breakdown repair insurance. As has been pointed out it only covers up to £500 (minus £25 excess), however this can be really useful. My 530d had the fuel pumps both go in succession, plus the starter motor, cranshaft sensor, etc. I think in one year they covered around £1,500 of work. They also give me a courtesy car for 3 days.

There is some small print about the service history but at no stage have the even asked to see any of my service history, I think they only have this policy to stop people blatantly taking the p*ss, they're not using it to try to exclude claims. Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #43272 22nd Dec 2010 11:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12