Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Farnell Land Rover Bradford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
Farnell Land Rover Bradford

Thought I’d post a review of this dealership, having some history with them and also some recent problems with the 405.

My first car from them was in the late 1990s when I was able to get a new Freelander from the firm I worked for.

Since then I bought a Defender 110 in 2007 from them, PXd it there for a new RRS in 2010.

Then in 2014 bought a new Defender 110 which I had planned to keep but you know what plans are like!

Anyhow, when I made the decision to change for a FFRR I didn’t even think of going anywhere else as I’d been more than happy with them. I think it’s a good sign when the guy I deal with in sales (Abu Kyher) has been there for over 7 years (10 I think).

The 405 AB I bought in July was a pre reg car, 25 miles on the clock so in effect a new car that the dealer had registered to meet targets ( I presume).

All was well with the car for the first 800 miles* and since then there had been a succession of problems all relating to the infotainment unit. The unit was replaced under warranty which fixed one fault (no sat nav) but not others (no Live Services, random camera operation, pdc which seemed to see non existent objects). Also the new infotainment unit would run in night mode during the day or day mode, as it saw fit.

Eventually all seemed well apart from the ongoing night mode but...

The upshot of all this was that after 9 trips to the dealers since the end of July I had had enough and wanted to get out of the car and into another.

Throughout the whole process of returning to dealer, they were excellent to deal with and kept me posted as to what was going on. That the faults were intermittent didn’t help diagnosis and the fact that they couldn’t fix it in one hit didn’t put me off the dealership, often they were waiting for Land Rover to provide guidance and software patches .

To cut a long story short, the 405 has now been sold back to the dealer and order for a 2018 placed.

The car won’t be available probably until March and I have been loaned a RRS for now, and have been promised a courtesy car until my new one arrives.

I’m disappointed that the original car had so many issues but loved the experience so much I’m not put off the brand. I can’t think of another vehicle I’d rather be in.

Farnells have been so professional and helpful throughout the process the experience has been far less painful than it might have been. I did not hesitate in placing my order through them.

Hopefully you might find this review helpful if you’re in the market for a new or approved used RR.

* in fact I had a problem on day 1 as nobody could get the icontrol link for the car to work so I spent 3 hours at the dealer the day after collecting it while that was sorted out...

Post #457614 17th Nov 2017 4:18pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

There seem to be quite a few people with similar infotainment issues and rejected cars.

Good o hear that the dealership have done their best though Thumbs Up

Post #457621 17th Nov 2017 5:01pm
Baltic Blue

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Baltic Blue

I bought my 2011 from Farnell Bradford as a LR Approved.
I was happy with the deal and they looked after me when I challenged JLR to get the turbo drain mod done.
The salesman I dealt with has since left, but the Service Manager was good to deal with throughout the 2yr warranty period. G reg 2.5VM Vogue Portofino red 1991- 1999
V reg 2.5td P38 Rioja red 1999- 2006
53 reg td6 Vogue Oslo blue 2006- 2015
11 reg 4.4 TdV8 Vogue SE. Baltic blue 2015- date.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56162...tty+affair

Post #457624 17th Nov 2017 5:09pm
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Yes indeed @alistair. I was offered a replacement car (2017 model) but I’d lost faith in 2017 MY given the number of reported issues.

So going for a 2018 is going to cost me some extra cash, and I do run the risk of the new double screen system having teething issues....but my glass is half full so I’m sure all would be well!

Post #457627 17th Nov 2017 5:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1