Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Radio/ sat nav issue!!! Intermittent sound no display !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rover80

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Radio/ sat nav issue!!! Intermittent sound no display !!!

Hi everyone I'm in need of some advice.. I have a 2002 Range Rover l322 4.4 V8 vogue. The issue is with the radio/sat nav, my problem is I can get sound but only for 2-5 minutes at a time, when It goes off if I turn it off and on again it will repeat the above process !! Also I have nothing showing on the screen all I have is a blank screen ( except for the back light ) the radio does have a red light that flashes but that's it.. I have power going to the cd multi changer in the glove box and also power to the sat nav in the boot as the red light is on, but still no display and intermittent sound . I have checked for water/condensation but the boot is 100% dry. At first I thought maybe it was the amp in the boot but if I'm getting sound I've been told it won't be that... any help would be very much appreciated as not having a radio is annoying.. thanks in advance

Post #415891 29th Nov 2016 8:34pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

All I can suggest is ensuring that all the connections in the boot space are good - the ones around the sat nav - that's where the radio module is etc.

I had a similar problem one time & it seemed to be sorted by pushing all the plugs tight.

Post #415893 29th Nov 2016 8:38pm
michele5041

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Hoping to bump this thread, as I've got the exact same problem. I've got a blank screen on the display and the radio will only work for around 2-3 minutes before it cuts out. Hoping to see if there is a fix for this.

Thanks

Mike History - Glutton for Punishment
Mazda RX8 - Current
Alfa GTV 2.0L Twin Spark
Jeep Cherokee 2.5td
BMW 318SI
Ford Mondeo ST24
Ford Mondeo Ghia X
Fiat Mirafiori 131 TC
Austin Allegro 1750hl

Post #421713 8th Jan 2017 8:47am
steveball

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

I had something similar, but not quite the same, on my 2002 FFRR.

My screen worked properly the whole time, but often the sound would switch off after a few minutes. I never really resolved whether it was a fixed amount of time, but I began to feel that it might be related to going over a bump in the road. Not always, but sometimes that seemed to be the case.

In mine, there was no sign of water ingress that affected all the electronics in the boot LH side, but I did discover dampness in the spare wheel well, eventually traced to a badly fitted tow bar. I guess this would have increased the moisture levels overall, but not actively got the electronics wet apart from the air suspension compressor, which I had to replace.

Eventually I solved the radio issue - and kept the car another 3 or 4 years, so really confident it was solved - by taking apart the BM54 module and carefully resoldering as many of the joints on the circuit board as I could. It appears that there was at least one dry joint there - and in my experience, if there is one there will usually be many.

If you're not so confident about your PCB soldering, I imagine there are companies around who would do this for you, or perhaps offer and exchange BM54. These units are fairly widely used on BMW vehicles as well, so not uncommon. At a push, I suppose, you could try a second hand BM54 from eBay, although that might have just as many problems as your own and you simply can't tell.

Not sure if this is helpful at all..... Current: 2010 Range Rover L322
Vogue SE, TDV8 3.6, Bournville
-----------------------------------
Now gone: 2002 Range Rover L322
Vogue, TD6, Giverney Green

Post #421716 8th Jan 2017 9:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1