Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Will the AA fit my new battery if I use them?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mrblonde

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue
Will the AA fit my new battery if I use them?

Bought a new Varta from Tanya batteries for the TD6 but dont fancy lifting it in as still recovering from an operation, if I use AA homestart will they fit the new battery for me?

Cheeky I know, but thought I'd ask and see what you guys think? The FFRR is completely dead, the cold night Sunday/Monday morning finished her off.

As a side note, ordered battery yesterday morning, it arrived next day 10am Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #416864 6th Dec 2016 2:20pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I think they will only fit what they sell - they have a program called Battery Assist.

However, if the technician is there & diagnoses the problem - then you remember that you have a spare battery somewhere that you didn't get round to sending back (or some other lame story), then you never know.....

Post #416867 6th Dec 2016 2:57pm
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I agree with Alistair,
Though you have to be a pretty heartless person not to help in your circumstances.

Id certainly give it a go if he says no, complain, get his name and phone them in front of him and say your considering joining Green Flag or the RAC.

Good Luck

Last edited by Strider on 6th Dec 2016 3:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #416869 6th Dec 2016 3:04pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Think that's unlikely TBH, you could always just call a local mechanic to do it for you, wouldn't take long. If you were closer I'd have done it for you.

Post #416870 6th Dec 2016 3:06pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I think it depends on the chap.

I have found the AA to be particularly helpful in the past. I had my rear calipers seize on while away in sandringham. The AA came out and stripped them down, removed the carriers, filed them clean, I had picked up some pads from ECP on the way back to the camp site with a view to having a go myself, however the tools I had with me weren't great so I called the AA.

The chap was perfectly happy to fit the pads i had and the repair got me home and lasted a few more thousand miles until i replaced the caliper.

So i think the "remember you have a battery" tactic might work. Alternatively, drive it to a local independent garage and bung the guy £20 to put it in for you, its a 10 minute job if you show him how to put the bonnet in access mode. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #416912 6th Dec 2016 6:59pm
Stacker

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

^^ Thats all very well but the car is completely dead!

Do you not have a family member handy with tools that can help? I would try the AA though, have always been helpful in the past with members of my family!

A tenner in the back pocket might be a good idea if you are friendly enough! Wink 

Post #416917 6th Dec 2016 7:52pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

where the breakdown service's used to be a little helpful back in the day sadly this is no more, the likes of AA, RAC have all there own patrols who in my opinion do as little as possible due to the company rules,

I use asda breakdown (that use's Britannia rescue)these guys mainly use independent garages these guys are happy to help more so as if they are called out to you they only get paid if they have done something for you

Post #416920 6th Dec 2016 8:16pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I think it very much depends on the person you get & what else is going on that day.

TBH, it's not surprising if they say no - there's no real upside for them - if they fit your battery & fry the electrics, or drop it or whatever, then you will complain to the AA & expect everything to be resolved - far easier (& safer) for them to just say no.

I helped someone launch their boat this summer, then parked their trailer up for them & reversed into a post - entirely my fault - and it was the RR that hit the post & not their trailer, but I scuffed my bumper and cracked a rear light.

He felt bad and offered to pay, but it wasn't his fault - so I refused. I managed to get a new rear light for under £200 and the bumper is still scuffed.

How keen am I going to be to help next time ?

Post #416921 6th Dec 2016 8:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1