Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Toyota ain't perfect!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
p38arover

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
Toyota ain't perfect!?

Shock. Horror! A faulty Toyota? Say it isn't so.

Regrettably, Australia doesn't have Lemon Laws.

Today I was at my local indie workshop picking up a new radiator and they showed me this advert which appeared on Gumtree in Oz. I'll copy the 200 series diesel Land Cruiser's description here because it will disappear when the ad goes.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1132641888

Quote:

Seller's description
Date Listed: 12/12/2016
Last Edited: 13/12/2016
Listing Type: Private seller
Year: 2016
Kilometres: 10000

Hi

I am looking to sell my Landcruiser Sahara that I purchased in June this year. It has a full Toyota service history including the most recent 3 attempts by Toyota to complete the 10,000km service and full receipt of all warranty repairs will come with vehicle. (They only have to plug some plugs back into the console this week to get everything finished)

Get total piece of mind with this vehicle!!!!No need to worry about squeaks in the dash, injectors not functioning correctly, replacing exhausts and DPFs, fixing rear air con, repairing rattles in tow bars, fuel tanks not being able to be filled, handbrakes not working, they have all been fixed for you already by the happy team at Toyota. There are a few things yet to be sorted, one of them is the replacement of the entertainment screen and navigation system that will hopefully fix all the ongoing intermittent electrical faults that the vehicle has which causes the screen not to work correctly, front parking sensors to trigger at random or not at all, the climate control screen to appear instead of the reverse camera and a few other fun things for the whole family. With a bit of luck, this may even fix the issues of the auto wipers, the rear view mirrors dipping whilst driving and the rear headphones for the rear seat entertainment unit having random interference. I can't promise you but let's hope. Toyota also say that none of these 'glitches' will effect the safety systems in the vehicle which is very comforting.

Another great feature of the Sahara is the fact that you don't always need to set your alarm as the car beeps at you in middle of the night whilst sitting in the garage. Also handy in case you forgot to turn the dishwasher on, you can do it at 2 am when going to check if someone is stealing your car or it's just another 'glitch' as Toyota would say.

This particular vehicle is also a good tax write off as it uses much more fuel than any other 200 series Landcruiser I am aware of, it's not quiet as thirsty as my petrol 100 series but not far off.

Sometimes the proximity remote doesn't work from the back of the vehicle when trying to operate the tailgate but don't worry, just a few steps to the front of the car to unlock and then back again with groceries in hand and everyone's happy. Car is unlocked and you got a few more steps on your Fitbit.

Toyota cannot replicate some of the faults that are occurring but I have video footage of most of them that I can give you to keep hold of for when you may need it in the future or just to kickstart your own video library of the cars faults.

Apart from the above mentioned items, the car is in great condition. It has the rare 'sand' colour Interior. The paint is perfect.

This vehicle can be viewed anytime from next Monday 19th December at Toyota in Acacia Ridge. (Please contact Toyota Motor Company Australia for the address or google it?) It will be the one with the pictures of yellow fruit on it sitting in the gravel on the side of the road opposite Toyota.

It also comes with a 6 year warranty which is lucky.
 Ron B. VK2OTC
2004 L322 V8 Auto
2007 Yamaha XJR1300
Previous: 1983, 1986 RRC; 1995, 1996 P38A; 1995 Disco1; 1984 V8 County 110; Series IIA

Post #417693 13th Dec 2016 8:13am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle I've broken several in my time.. they aren't all they're hyped up to be Wink Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #417700 13th Dec 2016 9:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1