Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > 3 weeks old and broken.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Nick Ground wrote:
Phew, I'm glad your mpg is better than just 20mpg. I was thinking I might have to pour oil onto the fire and tell you that both my SCs have done far better!

The dealers seem to let down the product rather than the other way around.

Nick

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the service manager to find out their excuses and then the sales guy to hear his excuses. Could be an early fireworks display Laughing

Post #420804 2nd Jan 2017 7:52pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

After visiting the dealer yesterday I'm reliably informed that it's impossible to send out a new car that has not had all the relevant updates applied before delivery.
So, I'm confused as I have conflicting information and not sure who to believe but as the cars fixed, for now I'll put it down to experience.

Post #421073 4th Jan 2017 9:00am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Makes a lot of sense , but a quick look around here and on the sport forum says this is Censored .

Post #421080 4th Jan 2017 9:48am
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

The reality is that it clearly is possible to deliver a car without the update, as shown by your experience. What can happen is that a software update, specifically for the heating module for example, may not verify and therefore not be applied in the workshop as part of a bigger set of updates. Some of the updates take a long time and would not have a 'technician' watching it happen and if there are other expected warning messages routinely flagged the module update failure could be overlooked.

Let's hope you are blessed with a fault free future and get to enjoy the FFRR as I am mine.

Nick 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #421105 4th Jan 2017 12:37pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

So the saga continues......

Noticed on the drive home last night that the heating wasn't right, had the temp dial and fan wound up to Hi but the car never felt hot nor at 22 degrees did it feel comfortably warm, there was definitely a fault still. The temp outside was reading 7 degrees so it's not as though it had to work hard to heat the cabin.
I then set the PH to automatically fire up at 6.00am this morning as the forecast was cold and hey, this is what I paid for...a nice warm car to get into when everything else around you is frozen, well it was for SWMBO and she was taking oldest son to school, so brownie points for choosing the AB and the extra cost Whistle
She had the audacity to wake me this morning Rolling Eyes complaining that you cannot get in the car due to the obnoxious fumes obviously being pumped by the PH. We had to leave the door open for 10 mins before you could get in and drive away.

I shall be onto the dealer this morning.

Anyone know my rights for rejection considering they've had the opportunity to fix it once already but failed as I can't be arsed with this hassle anymore? I just see the car as a liability already and want another one. Sounds harsh but I've lost confidence in it. I bought my last one new to replace a lemon and that had issues too and now this one.

Post #421221 5th Jan 2017 9:00am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

The smell of gasoline inside the car is a known problem and there is a fix for that (i had it fixed on my car).

BUT i never heard about a problem with the climate control.

In Germany you can reject a car after 2 failed attempts to fix the problem minus a certain amount of money for the driven miles/kms. All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #421224 5th Jan 2017 10:10am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Andy, have a look via Google at the Consumer Rights Act (there is also a Citizens Advice summary I think). The act sets out your rights as regards defective products and the time limits that are relevant. The approach is based on what would be reasonable in the circumstances, rather than the dealer having a set number of chances to put matters right. Fumes in the cabin pose health risks and would be more serious than poor heating performance. Keep calm and reasonable and it may well be worth communicating by email rather than just orally so you have a record. If your dealer is not responding appropriately consider involving LR Customer Relations 0870 5000 500, or of course your solicitor.

Good luck. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #421257 5th Jan 2017 3:02pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

So far I have been redirected by my dealer to LR Assistance who are coming out later today. My dealer was not able to help and the service advisor suggested this route. I have also contacted LR Customer Relations to advise them of my displeasure.
I have written to the dealer outlining the problems and that this is the second time for the same issue for the heating but the first issue with the park heater and have advised they have the opportunity to reinstate the vehicle to full working order once again but if it's not then I will be getting stroppy and demanding a replacement vehicle.
They are now aware of my stance and my next action so I'm hoping this will concentrate their attention but I do feel underwhelmed by the whole experience and have lost confidence in my new car. I'm happy to stand my ground and get all legal if need be but I will continue to try and find a resolution in the meantime.

I am not seeking very much, just a correctly functioning vehicle considering its only 4 weeks old.

Post #421265 5th Jan 2017 4:08pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

If the dealer was competent all these issue would be resolved in one visit. Just unbelievable.

Post #421282 5th Jan 2017 5:42pm
XXXAngelXXX

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #421335 5th Jan 2017 9:25pm
mywillia

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Fuji White

AndyS

Can beat that, picked car up on 21st Dec, Fault with Meridian Reference system on 22nd Dec, back to dealers on 23rd Dec LR Assist called on 26th Dec for no Throttle in Reverse, Car wouldn't start on 2nd Jan, Lumpy Idle on start thereafter, Back to dealers for DSS fitting on 4th Jan, not seen car since!!

Enjoy Laughing

Post #421388 6th Jan 2017 10:41am
XXXAngelXXX

Shocked Shocked Shocked All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #421393 6th Jan 2017 11:57am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

mywillia wrote:
AndyS

Can beat that, picked car up on 21st Dec, Fault with Meridian Reference system on 22nd Dec, back to dealers on 23rd Dec LR Assist called on 26th Dec for no Throttle in Reverse, Car wouldn't start on 2nd Jan, Lumpy Idle on start thereafter, Back to dealers for DSS fitting on 4th Jan, not seen car since!!

Enjoy Laughing

You have more patience than I do, I'd be throwing lots of dummies out by now Bow down

How many miles did you manage?

Post #421427 6th Jan 2017 3:11pm
mywillia

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Fuji White

Cars got 166miles on the clock now!

All mine seem to be "software" related. I haven't been able to reproduce any of the issues except the lumpy idle but it's just come back from the dealer with quite a few updates as well as the DSS. It's also got a ticket open with LR Technical about the reverse gear - no throttle issue as apparently I'm not the only one to have reported it.

LR Technical seem to think the software issues could be due to the Auto Terrain Response system not playing nicely with all the other modules.

Post #421467 6th Jan 2017 6:05pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

These cars have been out for 4 years now, you'd think they would have ironed out all the teething problems by now.

166 miles, that's a joke really.

My last car came up with 'suspension fault' on the dashboard display, milometer was reading just 27 miles. Fortunately it never appeared again.

Post #421474 6th Jan 2017 6:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>