Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > 3 weeks old and broken.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
mywillia

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Fuji White

They have but the in-control touch pro is new for the 2017MY with a completely revised set of software.

The car itself is a massive improvement over the L322 IMO, just a shame LR don't put a bit more effort into testing new bits of kit or major software changes like this.

I've always thought LR should have a User Acceptance program where they give out some "test" cars to loyal customers prior to public release. We'd certainly shake the cars down for them.

Post #421487 6th Jan 2017 6:02pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

So I thought I'd give you all an update....

Having threatened to reject the car to my Sales manager Louis, the dealer took the car back for more investigative work after LRAssist confirmed there was something wrong and the dealer should be tasked with sorting.
I was given an FPace 2.0diesel fro the weekend which was nice to try but not nice to buy, until their demo FFRR came back.
When I swapped into this car I made a point of trying the heating with the sales manager and their car's heating worked far better than mine and we both agreed that the blower was not working correctly or the flaps were not opening or doing their bit.
Left car with them for a few days and then received an email video confirming nothing wrong with my car Thumbs Up what's that all about?
The workshop had checked the car by connecting the laptop and THE LAPTOP said nothing wrong, no brains engaged at this point just computers. This was relayed to the sales manager who to be fair told them to go forth and use some common sense, he demonstrated that the fans were not working and blowing hardly any air around. Eventually they fitted a new blower which cured the issue but it just shows you that today's fitters are guided by a laptop and not by knowledge or common sense or a desire to investigate, just read a bloody laptop...duh!
They also found an internal exhaust leak for the park heater hence filling up the car with fumes, this has been replaced but I've yet to test that bit but I'm assured that's it's al ok.
I collected my car yesterday and it's toasty warm as it should be but without the intervention I would be fighting the service department and probably trying to murder someone. As it is I am grateful to Louis for his help to sort this matter.

It's a black art this getting a LR fixed. Whistle

Just waiting for the next issue to appear.

Post #422847 15th Jan 2017 10:09am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Good news Andy.
Is it consuming less fuel now though? Laughing

Post #422849 15th Jan 2017 10:17am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

It's not massively worse than the 4.4V8 I've been using this last week to be honest but I gave it some wellie this morning and it's good to get it back, it really is quite a quick machine Bow down
However, I don't miss that diesel vibration at all and would rather pay the extra fuel costs.

Post #422858 15th Jan 2017 10:41am
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I can never understand the MPG discussions on here. Did any of you really consider MPG when spending £100k on a 5.0 V8 4wd. Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #422866 15th Jan 2017 11:51am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Agreed, but the capital cost is soon put to the back of your mind although you are constantly reminded about daily/weekly costs.
I guess fuel costs are more important to some than others when you have constant reminders.

Post #422868 15th Jan 2017 12:22pm
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Glad to hear you can start to really enjoy SC motoring. Optimism needed - no next fault.

Re-inforces what many, myself included, have found regarding the relationship with the dealer. My dealer takes my word for it now when I say something is not quite right and works to find it. If you are lucky to get past the service receptionists to the time-served workshop foreman you will usually find a mechanic who is frustrated by the use of laptop servicing and desperate to do some real diagnostic work. Then progress can be made.

Nick 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #422902 15th Jan 2017 4:53pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Glad to hear it is all working as it should. I agree it is a black art and really depends on your service manager/service bod to trust you that its broken.

I have a decent relationship with one chap at my local MD and he does his best for me, knock a bit off here and there and will work to get issues resolved.

I happened to get another chap they other week when it went in for them to diagnose a squeaky belt. He told me the only way they could fix it was for me to spend £1200. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Just been in for another bit of work relating to a leak, and because they had to remove the viscious fan and front of engine gubbins, i got them to swap the aux belt. £35. squeak gone. not something they would have done if i had been a bolshy customer but that good relationship has its benefits. Thumbs Up

Make sure you speak to Louis each time and your level of service will only get better Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #422924 15th Jan 2017 5:44pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

n1cktdv8 wrote:
I can never understand the MPG discussions on here. Did any of you really consider MPG when spending £100k on a 5.0 V8 4wd.

njet.
 All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #422946 15th Jan 2017 6:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123