Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > A Little Worried!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

On my third l405 and all have been reliable, which is handy because you have to pick the right dealer as some are much better than others.

Post #421041 3rd Jan 2017 10:58pm
Mulcher

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

w8pmc – On the question of JLR dealers, the tone of your question suggests to me that you already know, deep down, that you need to ditch your current dealer pronto. If they're treating you like this now, it's only going to get worse, much worse, once they've got your money. A bad dealer will ruin the ownership experience of a good car.

Cancel your order without delay and take your time finding a dealer you're happy with. Good luck. 2006MY 4.2 SC
BMW R1250 GSA Rallye TE
Triumph Tiger 1050 (sold)
1979 Pontiac Trans Am (sold)

Post #421043 3rd Jan 2017 11:03pm
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

I do have major concerns regarding the quality of the dealer i placed my order with, however my car is now well into build & due to arrive within the next few weeks with collection scheduled for March 1st, so i doubt cancelling my order & going elsewhere would even be possible now & not without financial penalty.

As a slight aside, i'm based in West Lancashire so does anyone have any recommendation for a quality/reputable dealer in the North West of England?

Post #421071 4th Jan 2017 8:12am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

I hope that I never come across an Internet forum that describes the problems that my business is causing my customers like this, I woud be devastated and would work 24/7 to correct the issues.
I doubt LR even know about these dealer issues let alone care.

I can't help you with a good dealer but I hope you are successful and enjoy the car as they are worth the hassle (if you get any).

Post #421072 4th Jan 2017 8:56am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

its because of that attitude Andy that you have the car you have.
These dealer sales staff are a joke, it so hard to find the ones that care.

Post #421079 4th Jan 2017 9:46am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

AndyS wrote:
I hope that I never come across an Internet forum that describes the problems that my business is causing my customers like this, I woud be devastated and would work 24/7 to correct the issues.

Family owned business always work like this ! Wink All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #421082 4th Jan 2017 9:55am
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

I think JLR do know they have a problem. I was speaking to a dealer principle (not my dealer, though I'm sure that have had the same conversation) who told me that JLR had told them their customer service was not up to scratch, the actual words were 'your service is sh**', and that they would lose the franchise if it did not improve. What was interesting is that this was one of the highest volume dealers for JLR.

The difference in service compared to six years ago is markedly better from my dealer but they still have a way to go. But there is evidence of a will to change.

The conundrum is that JLR need to shift the cars and removing a franchise would cut off the flow of orders for a period of time. Having just pushed two change management programmes through my business I realise they take twice as long as you predict and ingrained staff attitudes will hold back the progress and frustrate customers and business owner alike.

Nick 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #421100 4th Jan 2017 12:31pm
mrtidy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Before I owned my fullfat I had a 5 series BMW and I found the BMW main stealers to be just has inept as the LR ones so I found a very good BMW indy who was always booked up for about 4 weeks in advance and always so busy,surely a good sign ?In fact so good I still use them now to service my fatty.I think the best thing to do (when out of warranty period)is find a good indy and stick with them. Little things like ringing you when they say they will go a long way.A few months ago I went to guy salmon in Stockport to see how much a service would cost (thought I would see how competitive they could be)and after sitting down and waiting 30 minutes for the service manager I gave up and left never to return hopefully.Going to an indy probably isn't an option with a new car but I would go straight to an indy when the warranty period is up.Fingers crossed my L322 as been trouble free except for a new battery so enjoy these cars and try and find a good dealer/indy. 2009 Vogue SE Zermatt silver

Post #421116 4th Jan 2017 2:07pm
w8pmc

The difference with BMW/Audi though is i know the brand very well, having bought several M's & RS's so both my local BMW & Audi dealer i know well & they know i'm fairly up to speed on the brand so they struggle to fob me off. My local Audi dealer i'd actually term as being friends so i've always got an impeccable service from them & from the Mfctr when serious issues have occurred.

I really do feel my RR dealer doesn't give a toss & although no more than a frustration at the sales stage (although as per the post in "general' they really were not helpful as to what options came with what & they told me the 'Service pack' was £599 which i jumped at only to be told a couple of weeks later wasn't available on the FFRR so they really don't appear to have a clue.

Should issues with the car arise & me having limited knowledge of the car/marque, i can see the usual "it's meant to do that" answer whereas with other brands i knew that bot to be the case so could stand my ground.

Amazes me that when spending such a high figure on a brand that's regarded as a premium they have little/no interest in the Customer & as said above, just want to shift the metal.

Post #421373 6th Jan 2017 9:12am
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

tbh I have both a td6 2004 and a 2016 l405 the 405 has been a total crap car which I'm getting rid of after they replace the gearbox but I believe its a Friday afternoon car and pretty much will always have problems but I'm sure if you get a good one your be well happy I just couldn't afford a diovorce if I kept the 405 as wife wont drive it anymore when its working ! so a new x6 has been ordered just waiting for the 405 back to sell now

Post #421375 6th Jan 2017 9:19am
Range Rover LSE

United Kingdom 

Re the question from W8PMC I live in Lancashire and have always found both the Sales & Service from Farnell at Nelson to be excellent. The workshop staff are particularly good and really know their products well. Sales staff are also good and invariably get back to you as promised. I have now been dealing with them through the purchase of my last 7 Land Rovers over 12 years. They are in East Lancashire but I find it well worth the time and effort to travel for their excellent service. Range Rover Sport 2023 D350 Autobiography
Gone RR L405 Autobiography SDV8, RR L405 VSE SDV8, RR L405 3.0L VSE, RR L322 BM 4.4, RR Sport, RR L322 TDV8 Vogue, Disco 4, Disco 3 (2 off), Disco 2 and RR Classic & RR LSE

Post #421527 7th Jan 2017 12:23am
w8pmc

Thanks LSE. I'll look them up once i have the car. I got Hunters to throw in the first service so i'll have to stay within Group for that (Inchape), but will likely head to Hunters thereafter.

Post #422128 10th Jan 2017 9:15pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

All marques have good and bad dealers. All cars need a good mechanic. Sometimes it's worth the drive to get to a good one.

Post #422815 15th Jan 2017 1:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12