Home > Orders (L405) > Discount on your Range Rover
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
yunfei306

United Kingdom 
Discount on your Range Rover

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm considering to order my first Range Rover in my life. I have been offered 6% discount from my local dealer. However I have no idea whether it is a good deal. it wii be much appreciated if you could share the discount you received on your Range Rover. Many many thanks in advance

Post #434088 6th Apr 2017 10:47pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Friend of mine told me they'd just got ten grand off a full fat AB with extras for his pal. Must have been close to 9 or 10 percent.

Post #434091 6th Apr 2017 11:00pm
JasM

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Was that for a brand new L405? Or a pre-reg car? 2014 SDV8 Autobiography Cool

Gone: 2012 RRS SDV6 HSE, 2007 RRS TDV6 HSE

Post #434094 6th Apr 2017 11:21pm
Basilfawlty

It was for a new one as far as I can recall as it had a fair few extras, The guy who told me is a neighbour who's bought several from the dealer in Manchester I believe. Can ask more detail next time I see him if it's important. Thumbs Up

Post #434097 7th Apr 2017 12:26am
yunfei306

United Kingdom 

Thank you all.

It seems that 6% is a little low. The car is brand new factory built with 3months waiting time.
It also looks like further north part of UK can offer larger discount. Sad

Post #434113 7th Apr 2017 6:45am
yunfei306

United Kingdom 

Basilfawlty wrote:
It was for a new one as far as I can recall as it had a fair few extras, The guy who told me is a neighbour who's bought several from the dealer in Manchester I believe. Can ask more detail next time I see him if it's important. Thumbs Up

Please ask if it is possible, Basilfawlty. Thank you so much.

Post #434114 7th Apr 2017 6:48am
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

It could be for a stock vehicle rather than a built to order, as a dealer would have more room to negotiate & an increased desire to shift a physical car they had in the showroom or in stock.

When i was ordering (Oct 16), the best available discounts from the likes of Carwow which is a great measure for the best discounts available was around £4k for a cash purchase or £9k for funded. Back then, Land Rover were offering a £2.5k contribution & the dealer was matching that, so £5k in total.

I believe you can settle this off within 28 days with no penalties so is likely the best way to secure the highest levels of discount. Paul

MY17 TDV6 Autobiography In Carpathian Grey With Cirrus Interior

Post #434115 7th Apr 2017 7:10am
Lutonboy

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I placed my order at the end of February this year and used CarWow to find best price. I like w8pmc said was offered two prices through CarWow, one for cash and one for using finance. I was a cash buyer but took the finance as there was the extra 2.5k off the price (known as a deposit contribution), this gave me roughly an 8% discount on the list price. I am buying a 4.4 AB, list price was around 104Kish and got it for around 96.5K.
Again as w8pmc mentioned I intend to withdraw from the finance once I pick the car up, if that is actioned within 14 days of signing the finance agreement there is no penalty other than the daily interested accrued, the additional discount will stand as it cannot be tied directly to the finance for legal reasons. It's effectively just another 2.5K off the car for the sake of a bit of extra admin. But I stress in order to take full advantage of the finance discount you must "withdraw" from the agreement within 14 days (and obviously have the means to repay the amount borrowed). It is a "withdrawl" it's not a "settlement". For reference it is Section 66a of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Post #434127 7th Apr 2017 9:22am
Basilfawlty

Just spoken to the neighbour again and he confirms that the deal was on a new order 3.0 VSE in white with lots of extras, RRP around £97K apparently. He says that the local dealer in Liverpool were there to four grand away on price but that Preston Land Rover were in the running right until the death when the deal was done at Farnell in Leeds (Sales person Sarah) and I'm told the saving was just shy of £10k

Post #434142 7th Apr 2017 10:38am
w8pmc

That's a good discount then & in line with what i got, however i'd be surprised if that £10k didn't include the £5k from LR & Dealer contribution. If that isn't the case then they've done very well as 4-5% is the best cash discount i've seen & that applies to the likes of Carwow which are pretty much the benchmark.

Lutonboy, how come the finance contribution was only £2.5k as it was £5k when i ordered in November & appears to still be £5k today. That's £2.5k from LR & a further £2.5k from the dealer.

That offer did vanish around January time but quickly came back (not sure how long it was removed for).

Grabbed from the website just now:

36 Monthly Payments £1,301.94
Duration of Agreement (Months) 37
Land Rover Deposit Contribution £5,000.00
Customer Deposit £10,000.00
On The Road Price £94,395.00
Optional Final Payment (Includes £10.00 fee) £45,496.00
Total Amount Payable £107,365.84
APR 6.90%
SEND TO RETAILER
PRINTADD QUOTE TO COMPARE Paul

Post #434160 7th Apr 2017 12:42pm
Lutonboy

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Ahh yes good point, I forgot that was part of the dealer discount. The dealer's discount effectively included their 2.5K finance contribution even if you were paying cash, so in effective taking finance only gives you an additional 2.5K over a cash purchase. At least in my case it was, these figures were the ones quoted in my CarWow quote. Either way I was pleased with the discount, especially since the best quote was the nearest dealer.

Post #434162 7th Apr 2017 1:11pm
w8pmc

Didn't realise that, i thought both the £2.5k's were dependent on Finance being taken with LR. Pretty sure my Carwow quotes back in Nov were £5k apart for cash-finance, but can't recall so perhaps they were as you say when i ordered. Paul

Post #434165 7th Apr 2017 1:17pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 1