Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Variants around the world spotted

In South Africa there were LOADS of Supercharged FFRR but no 2010 or 2011MY yet

Dubai has the lot of course, no TDV8s, I was picked up at the airport in an HSE V8 petrol, the driver was Indian and had no interest in the car spec, idiot!

Saw some Discovery 4's on a transporter heading for the docks and the engine type badges were XTDV6 (what's the X for?) and V8 - what V8 petrol do they stick in export cars?

And finally, why is it that all Land Rover cars (maybe with the exception of the FL2) look SO much cooler abroad in a sunny climate?

I sat in a bar in Camps Bay, Cape Town watching them go past and they make people stop and look, more so the FFRR than the Sport of course and only a Ferrari 458 drew more attention. I guess the fact the FFRR costs £230K out there makes them pretty special. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #42978 20th Dec 2010 11:29pm
dantheman

United Kingdom 

Found the same in Abu Dhabi a few months ago Adam - all petrol with not a diesel in sight. Not as many FFRR as I was expecting to see either, I saw the majority around the Emirates Palace Hotel (unsurprisingly).

The weapon of choice seemed to be the Toyota Landcruiser (again, petrol): which was confirmed by a work colleague who lives out there.

Post #43014 21st Dec 2010 10:24am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

D4 gets the Jag 5.0 litre V8, same as the FFRR.

Post #43015 21st Dec 2010 10:28am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Apparently Aussies wont leave the security of there home towns without a Toyota Landcruiser Laughing

Post #43016 21st Dec 2010 10:29am
dantheman

United Kingdom 

Not far off there Gaz - I found them to be a very rare breed down under. I think I only saw 5 max during my short time there. More Land Rover/Range Rover around Sydney, and not a great deal of either around Brisbane.

Post #43017 21st Dec 2010 10:42am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

You can't buy a petrol variant of the largest Landcruiser (VCool here in the UK. Diesel only.

Post #43028 21st Dec 2010 11:52am
scene247

United Kingdom 

The Landcruiser is the preferred vehicle of the bedouin, it is considered the best off road car available for desert use out there. Have to say they are very reliable and effective across the dunes, having lived out there I have experience of them.

I would guess this is at least partly chosen due to cost as well. Don't know how if the FFRR is that much worse in sand but cost does have tobe a factor. Even in the middle east, not everyone is an oil sheik with unlimited funds. Also after sales service apparently is rubbish for RR with limited dealers and even less mechanical expertise.

Post #43066 21st Dec 2010 4:47pm
Royle

Scotland 

My brother and his family live in Adelaide and their choice of car is the Landcruiser, whenever I'm over there I seldom see a lot of Land Rovers. He wanted a Discovery but his wife being Aussie persuaded him to get the Landcruiser. It really isn't a bad car and the people I know with them always praise them and cannot say a bad word about them. If I had to choose a reliable, practical and capable car which wasn't a Range Rover (As it's not reliable Laughing )It would be It. Try and see if I can spot any while over In April. Still prefer FFRR Thumbs Up

Post #43067 21st Dec 2010 4:57pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

My wife had a Landcruiser Amazon. It was a hateful thing - more like a truck to drive, lots of NVH in the cabin, switchgear that looked cheap and nasty and ergonomically could have been better designed by a monkey.

However, it never once gave us a problem in 180k miles. It was built like a tank. An X5 hit my wife up the chuff and the X5 was a foot shorter and had to be trailered away. The Landcruiser? Not a scratch. I kid you not. I could perhaps see a crack in the paint on the rear bumper but just nothing.

My wife loved it as a result. She felt safe and secure. When it came to replacing it, the wife would not look at any other car. We used to have a P38 Rangie for her. It dumped her so often she will not drive my car unless she is forced to do so.

Post #43070 21st Dec 2010 5:05pm
HUGI

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged Java Black

I saw a 2006 FF Supercharged in ... .... VIETNAM Cool in Saigon

a very unusual car for vietnam

Post #43115 21st Dec 2010 10:43pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Usually see lots of FFRR S/C and V8 petrols in Yantian/Shekou/Xiamen/Shanghai and Qingdao in China, they are starting to out number X5's as the default car of the seriously wealthy Chinaman ( a FFRR is getting on for $400,000 in China after taxes). Also plenty in Hong Kong and Macao and Singapore (where a new FFRR S/C costs in excess of a Sing$ 1,000,000 before taxes!). In the rest of the Chinese ports I visit I see a lot of RRS NA V8's and Disco3/4 V8's. See a lot of P38A's in Malaysia - mainly used UK cars exported to get round import duties which on new cars here are horrendous - I suspect it's where a lot of the FFRR's stolen in the UK end up too. Last year in Sri Lanka I was surprised how many D3's I saw there for a country with such a low per capita income. Freelanders seen to be extremely popular in Thailand too - mainly the V6 petrol version.

Watched a movie called 4 Christmases the other evening and the lead actor drove a FFRR S/C in Java with Ivory and all the extras - huge amount of exposure for Land Rover as the car was rarely out of shot! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 22nd Dec 2010 1:51pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #43133 22nd Dec 2010 8:56am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Emperor Mong wrote:
You can't buy a petrol variant of the largest Landcruiser (VCool here in the UK. Diesel only.

I have a friend with a new V8 Land Cruiser (Diesel I presume) bought from a UK dealer it was over £50K.....

Just configured one on the Toyota site: Cost: £61,182.00

Post #43135 22nd Dec 2010 9:26am
scene247

United Kingdom 

Tim, I saw that film too and thoguht the same.

Also has anyone seen the Top Gear Bolivia special? Worth a viewing IMO, needless to say a Rangie is involved for those who haven't seen it.

Post #43176 22nd Dec 2010 1:42pm
Royle

Scotland 

Watched the Bolivian one on Saturday, one of my favourites, and then I sat and watched the rest on Dave. Yes I know sad Laughing

Post #43178 22nd Dec 2010 1:48pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The Classic RR in the Bolivia program was the only one that didn't breakdown IIRC............ the ancient Land Cruiser chosen by the Hamster did. This year's special is supposed to be going to be a good one too - The Three Wise Men drive to Bethlehem in their £1500 wrecks! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #43181 22nd Dec 2010 1:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>