Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Front Seat Covers??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey
Front Seat Covers??

Morning, following on from my question regarding boot liners etc. i now find myself wanting to get hold of front seat covers to use occasionally when picking my son up from Football etc. & him being covered in mud (my interior will be Cirrus so not a colour to hide dirt well).

Now these would only be for occasional use so although the LR brand Fitted ones look good (albeit a little on the dear side), they apparently take quite some time to fit with the snug armrest & headrest fittings, so not really suitable for occasional use, that being leave them in the boot & just bring into play as & when required. I've seen online many options ranging from about £20 but i don't want to buy some tatty rags that either look awful or don't fit at all.

Anyone any experience of these as i'm after them being hard wearing, look OK, but most important are easy to fit quickly whilst also being secure?

Post #425564 30th Jan 2017 10:44am
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I'd throw a beach towel over the seat and if they get a little bit of mud they cope surprisingly well. I don't have cirus but two small dogs and ivory and it's great.

Post #425569 30th Jan 2017 11:12am
dfulgo

Italy 

...i would go for single use plastic seat covers... https://eshop.wuerth.it/is-bin/INTERSHOP.e...etailpageA 2016 RR ATB (Kaikoura Stone w/Brogue/Ivory-Brogue)

Post #425581 30th Jan 2017 12:03pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The LR accessory seat covers don't take that long to fit. A muddy child is unlikely to mark the headrest and you can leave the armrest in the 'up' position, so you can just fit the seat cover bit. As someone else has observed here recently, the LR covers allow the seat air bags to deploy, others may not. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #425618 30th Jan 2017 2:31pm
w8pmc

Thanks CS & good points.

Do you have the LR accessory seat covers & if so can you provide me a simple overview of how to fit the seat cover (is it velcro or clips/straps)? & how long would it take to fit just the front passenger seat cover (without arm-rest & headrest).

Also is it compact enough when not in use to be stored in the boot out of sight?

Post #425667 30th Jan 2017 7:32pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I do have LR accessory seat covers, albeit on a 322 rather than 405. They come in a little plastic carry case which can easily be put into the load space. It's maybe about the size of two or three orange juice cartons. The case contains instructions which are easy to follow.

The procedure (from memory) is 1. tilt the seat base up at the front using electric adjustment buttons; 2. choose the right cover for the seat, based on the "Range Rover" tag being nearer the window (to ensure the airbag opening is in the right place), 3. undo zips at the lower side and velcro at the top, there might be velcro at the armrest side also; 4. pull over the seat (there is no need on later 322s to remove the headrest, that was a feature of the earlier ones where the cover had holes for the headrest stems rather than a wide opening), I expect the 405 is the same as the later 322s; 5. tuck the rib on the outer side of the cover behind the plastic seat valance; 6. do up the zips and velcro; 7. the seat base section is held in place by elastic straps with velcro tabs on the end, these need to be fed through from the front to the back, so tuck the seat base section of the cover into place and push the elastic straps along the sides of the seat base, then open rear door and reach along the side of the seat base from the back to get the straps and they then velcro to tabs on the bottom rear of the seat cover; 8. lower the seat base again. Like many things it is quicker with practice, but I'd say about 5 minutes. If you are just putting the cover on for a short while you could probably dispense with securing the straps along the sides of the seat base, that can be a bit fiddly, but not difficult.

The rear covers are more time consuming and I would not think they would lend themselves as well to quick occasional use. I leave mine on all the time. The fronts are on on over the winter only. The seat heater works fine with the covers in place, I don't think I have used the cooling when the covers have been on (little need in Scotland) but I expect it would work too.

Incidentally if you are buying from a LR dealer the quoted price probably includes the cost of fitting, I invite them to discount by the fitting cost and do it myself. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #425675 30th Jan 2017 8:35pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

dfulgo wrote:
...i would go for single use plastic seat covers... https://eshop.wuerth.it/is-bin/INTERSHOP.e...etailpageA

Che cosa è questo link? Confused

Post #425831 1st Feb 2017 10:02am
dfulgo

Italy 

...it's a dispenser from which you can strap down a "single use" plastic seat cover as well as strap up a "single use" mat for the foot-well...

...quelle protezioni che usano i meccanici in officina... Surprised 2016 RR ATB (Kaikoura Stone w/Brogue/Ivory-Brogue)

Post #425941 2nd Feb 2017 7:36am
w8pmc

CS wrote:
I do have LR accessory seat covers, albeit on a 322 rather than 405. They come in a little plastic carry case which can easily be put into the load space. It's maybe about the size of two or three orange juice cartons. The case contains instructions which are easy to follow.

The procedure (from memory) is 1. tilt the seat base up at the front using electric adjustment buttons; 2. choose the right cover for the seat, based on the "Range Rover" tag being nearer the window (to ensure the airbag opening is in the right place), 3. undo zips at the lower side and velcro at the top, there might be velcro at the armrest side also; 4. pull over the seat (there is no need on later 322s to remove the headrest, that was a feature of the earlier ones where the cover had holes for the headrest stems rather than a wide opening), I expect the 405 is the same as the later 322s; 5. tuck the rib on the outer side of the cover behind the plastic seat valance; 6. do up the zips and velcro; 7. the seat base section is held in place by elastic straps with velcro tabs on the end, these need to be fed through from the front to the back, so tuck the seat base section of the cover into place and push the elastic straps along the sides of the seat base, then open rear door and reach along the side of the seat base from the back to get the straps and they then velcro to tabs on the bottom rear of the seat cover; 8. lower the seat base again. Like many things it is quicker with practice, but I'd say about 5 minutes. If you are just putting the cover on for a short while you could probably dispense with securing the straps along the sides of the seat base, that can be a bit fiddly, but not difficult.

The rear covers are more time consuming and I would not think they would lend themselves as well to quick occasional use. I leave mine on all the time. The fronts are on on over the winter only. The seat heater works fine with the covers in place, I don't think I have used the cooling when the covers have been on (little need in Scotland) but I expect it would work too.

Incidentally if you are buying from a LR dealer the quoted price probably includes the cost of fitting, I invite them to discount by the fitting cost and do it myself.

Thanks. That's really useful information.

Post #425954 2nd Feb 2017 9:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1