Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 4.2 S/C
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

£15,000 should buy you a REALLY nice 4.2SC. No doubts there.

Buy on condition and less on mileage and price. The most expensive needn't always be the best.

What will you get? Well, you should get a car almost like no other. One with an incredibly smooth engine and drivetrain, unequalled prestige for the money this side of a Bentley and incredible peace of mind when driving in any weather on any road.

They're immensely comfortable and capable and massively well-built, but they will go wrong from time to time as all other makes do.

They're fast and quiet and cosseting and spacious and massively stable. They don't go round tight corners at speed terribly well, but they don't disgrace themselves. They're fun to drive and incredibly rewarding when doing so. Any drive at any speed and over any distance is something special.

Try one. Please. They DO get under your skin and you may find yourself wondering whether you'll ever be able to live without one for the rest of your life. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #426493 5th Feb 2017 8:30pm
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Bellini 's comments +1.
I shopped around initially looking for a 4.4 but came across a very low milage 4.2 SC, went to look at it, havnt looked back since. During test drive pushed go pedal to the carpet, wow !! not at all like my old classic one.

If your concerned about excessive transmission play try this :- Stop on a slight slope using the footbrake, select Park with the selector (do not use handbrake), gently release footbrake and see how far she rolls until all transmission play is taken up, (mine rolls about 1 inch).

If you do get a 09' cool, if a older one try for at least a 07' face lift. Face lift ones have the ignition key hole on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, pre-face lift have the key situated in the centre console, mine also came with the std digital tv, im not sure when the changeover occured suspect it was pre 07'.

Every trip in the bus makes me smile, they are superb vehicles even with all their faults but hey im biased Thumbs Up .

Good Luck with the search

Post #426876 8th Feb 2017 2:07pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Great cars.

My 4.2 is a 2005 car and has 97.5k on the clock now and still great to drive. We have done 26.5k in two and a half years in it and it has been pretty good. Still a nice car by todays standards for sure.

cheers and good luck! Alex

2018 Skoda Kodiaq vRS
2009 Caterham Supersport Race car
2007 M5 Touring
2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG

Post #426891 8th Feb 2017 3:22pm
Cretosx

United Kingdom 

Quick Update, went to see a few more and i think i've found a great one just need to get my mechanic to check the vehicle out, Only problem is getting it to my home address being under 25 they won't give me driveaway insurance!

Post #427038 9th Feb 2017 12:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12