Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Expensive Alarm fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
Expensive Alarm fault

Over the last few days the daughters BMW X3 the alarm was going off intermittently so took it to the local beamer dealership so they phoned me the next day to get authorisation of an hours diagnostics at £100 for the hour , couple of hours later they said they couldn't find any fault codes so then they ask for another authorisation of an hours diagnostics ....

Next day they phone me and tell me that they will have to lift the front carpets take out the centre console and front seats at a cost of 6 hours labour at £585 , so later on in the day they call to say that they think there is a break on the wiring loom and the cost for this part is £2,400 🙀🙀 and he said it would be an open labour charge as they dont know how long a repair of this nature would take ....

Unfortunately the warranty has just expired on the car but i might be wrong if a loom has corroded surely thats a BMW defective part on a 3 and a half year old car and not wear and tear ... ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #426374 5th Feb 2017 10:55am
miggit

United Kingdom 

I think that you could be on to something there buddy.... I only wonder if BMW's customer relations are like LR's... cos you could be in for a scrap... But I doubt no matter how good their lawyers are they will be able to wriggle out of a 'Not Fit For Purpose' claim in the courts.... The only problem might be convincing them without a Judge Rolling Eyes Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #426389 5th Feb 2017 11:53am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I don't know what dealer you are using, but when my girlfriend's 325 coupe had a fuel pump problem the dealer quoted £900 to fix it. The car was full dealer service history and not long out of warranty. I searched online and found the problem was not uncommon. I had had good experience of phoning BMW customer relations in Bracknell in connection with motorcycle issues, so tried them and secured a goodwill contribution from BMW and the dealer, reducing the cost to less than half. Pity the dealer didn't think to look for that, but otherwise time well spent. You might get something by trying that too. My impression is that BMW try quite hard to get good service delivered to their customers. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #426405 5th Feb 2017 12:55pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Is that Fairbairns by any chance Mick? Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #426520 5th Feb 2017 11:10pm
JOKER

Scotland 

D Parks Al , Think Fairbairns is now owned by Mr Shark i'm sure and getting any assistance of them is like looking for daylight in a dark corner 🙀 ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #426579 6th Feb 2017 4:56pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

They are indeed Mick, and round the corner from me, hence my question. Sounded just like their MO. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #426595 6th Feb 2017 6:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1