Print this entire topic · 
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Nice. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #426687 7th Feb 2017 8:24am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Well the Range Roveryness continues.......

I fixed the dodgy tailgate catch.... and the other side decided to play up Shocked Censored Censored Evil or Very Mad

I then decided to tackle the brake light problem.. it's got light guards... what a Censored ing stupid design they are Evil or Very Mad removed the locking bolt no worries and swung open the guard to find that 1 of the screws is obscured by the side bracket.. got the screw out, and the bloody lens wont side out Banging Head Banging Head so I had to remove more rusty screws Evil or Very Mad So having gone through all that messing around I have decided to fit LED's and have done with it Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #426717 7th Feb 2017 2:39pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Nice car. Thumbs Up

Post #426778 7th Feb 2017 9:08pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes ummm.... Nice is pushing it a bit far.... I think it has the potential to be nice, once I've ironed out some of the wrinkles...

New Polybushes are on their way, discovered that there is a small gap in the rear body mount / radius arm bushes (3mm)... think that's where the 4 wheel steering sensation is coming from.. what I'm having a hard time with, is how can they charge £15 more for a full set of bushes as opposed to just the 2 body/arm bushes... it doesn't make sense Shocked But suffice it to say that any iffy looking bush is going to get replaced Twisted Evil

I think after I will be looking into increasing the amount of rubber blocks on the tyres.. At the moment it's got Kumho KH 71's... to say that they are aggressive is an understatement.. between 0 and 10 MPH you can feel each tread block as it hits the road and over 30 MPH you can't hear the engine... and it's a Diesel Shocked Shocked Plus I've had experience of those tyres before... they don't like the wet... and as I'm trying to cut down on clean under pant consumption they've got to go Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #426819 8th Feb 2017 12:38am
TerryG

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

You've got to love a range rover classic Smile
Are you going to use it as an off-road toy or are you going to turn it back in to a road car?
I've got an LSE softdash i'm restoring that is currently waiting on the weather to warm up so she can be painted.
When I did the suspension a couple of years ago i went for blue poly bushes but i find them very soft for road use.

Post #426832 8th Feb 2017 9:20am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Well the main reason for getting it is to use it as a back up vehicle if my Mercedes dies when I'm working (Tow for a living), with the ultimate goal of performing an engine and gearbox swap.... was originally going to do a manual pumped 6 pot Merc 24 valve 250 bhp / 450 lbs-ft and a 6 speed box... but it is a squeeze to get it in... and I have just found out that you can do the same with the early 5 pot / 20 valve engines too, and get almost the same power... what could possibly go wrong Laughing

And assuming that behaves it's self next year, I'm planning on swapping roles with the Merc and use that as standby car, to be replaced with another 5/6 pot diesel RRC in 2019... but having said that I might be doing an RRC with a big petrol lump and LPG.... all rather hinges on what they do in London regarding LEZ.... But my aim is to be ECU free with 2 cars that will tow comfortably by 2020.... Also has the added bonus that they will both be Tacho exempt too Mr. Green Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #426837 8th Feb 2017 9:45am
TerryG

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Very cool, that's not a conversion i have seen before. Can you buy an appropriate bell housing adapter or are you going to have one machined?

Post #426842 8th Feb 2017 10:12am
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Not many of those in oz. The VM was quite unpopular around here. Perhaps unfairly. Some converted them to 300TDI.

The VM engines has been in quite a few different vehicles.

It will be a good vehicle when restored. Ahead of its time at the time. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #426844 8th Feb 2017 10:39am
miggit

United Kingdom 

TerryG, there is a company in Sweden that makes a conversion kit to put an OM606 on to a Range Rover gearbox... but there is a bit of messing about with the oil filters etc... I was intending on buying the engine mounts from them and fitting the OM606 with a 6 speed manual mercedes gearbox, and then mating that to a range Rover transfer box... I found another company that makes an adapter to turn the LT230 transfer box into a stand alone remote box, and they have said that they should be able to produce an adapter that is compatible with the Merc box Very Happy

But I'm now thinking of dropping an OM605 (5 pot) in as it's the same engine as the 606 only missing a cylinder.... so more room and less splinters from head scratching Laughing

And rar110 I must admit that I have been very surprised with the VM diesel engine so far, if I can up the power to around 160 bhp and 350 mn's torque then I might stick with it... But bearing in mind that it started off life as a marine diesel lump it might not like that one bit Rolling Eyes and I haven't found anyone who tunes them... there might be a reason there Laughing Where as the Mercedes lump is readily available in 275,400,600 bhp tunes Bow down Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #426849 8th Feb 2017 11:13am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #426850 8th Feb 2017 11:16am
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Very very nice car Miggit Thumbs Up ,

I Poly-bushed my classic, it totally transformed the handling, cornering was a lot less scary (not so much roly-poly). I had good old beam axles, so was able to change all the bushes just by chocking the road wheels in turn and crawling underneath, apart from having to use a angle grinder on the rear trailing arm bolts to axle casing, they were rusted solid.

Good Luck with the upgrades / repairs.

Peter

Post #426879 8th Feb 2017 3:23pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I'm hoping that it wont come to angle grinders at 20 paces because it has had cranked rear arms added recently, and I also think that's what has knocked the stuffing out of the bushes Rolling Eyes Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #426933 8th Feb 2017 7:05pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Always found polybushes useless if it's modified, fine in a standard road going car, with the forces the lift put on them they last weeks... always used standard genuine ones and they last ages...

Of course you will need a decent press to get genuine in but polybush are easy to fit.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #427075 9th Feb 2017 6:48pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Well it's got cranked arms on the rear so the bush angle isn't too bad, and I'm not planning on throwing it down a ravine or into a bottomless pit, so hopefully they will last a while.....

Whistle and I beg to differ with you about fitting the bushes.... they are the ones held in with 3 bolts! Whistle Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #427078 9th Feb 2017 7:00pm
Edfors

Sweden 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Alaska White

Talking about VM diesels..

Click image to enlarge

There are those with VM diesel with just 5 heads.. and two covers...

Click image to enlarge

This is actually a surviving 5-cyl VM prototype. It never went to serial production. Supporter and maintainer of EDF - Mrs Edfors' shopping cart.

Post #427242 10th Feb 2017 9:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>