Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Key fob battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dogfishdave

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Key fob battery

Hi all, can anyone tell me, I swapped the battery in my key fob last week as the dash said it was low. I took the old one out and took it to the auto shop. Bought a new battery, popped it in and nothing !!!.
I though the old one in the bin at the shop so can't put it back in to test it.
Is there a time limit on not having a battery in the fob before it looses connection with the car.
I hope it's just a doggy battery.
Many thanks Dave

Post #421314 5th Jan 2017 7:35pm
smudge68

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Interesting as I've had similar problems with my fob last week - dashboard warning that the battery was low so pulled it out and was surprised to see that the battery type was the same as the the ones I use in flashing lights I use for the dogs - with five dogs and the lights taking 2 batteries each I do get through a few during winter! I buy them by the box (100 at a time) so they work out at less than 25p each and they power the lights fine, I usually buy branded if I can, the latest box I have are Maxwell. However when I tried them in the fob they either didn't work or still had the 'low battery' warning on the dash, I tried 4 brand new batteries although they were bought about 18 months ago.

While being dragged round the shops by SWMBO I diverted into a little hardware store and they had the Duracell battery for 89p - bought a couple and it did the trick!

I was worried about the key having lost connection but couldn't find any evidence of this happening on the web, so have concluded it must be down the brand or age of the 'new' battery.

Post #421322 5th Jan 2017 8:25pm
Bryan N

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I've had a similar problem over the past few months. Dreaded 'battery low' warning on the dash with the yellow exclamation mark prominent even though everything worked normally.
Changed the fob batteries (Boots the chemist own brand - CR2032 lithium) and warning disappeared - only to reappear a couple of weeks later. So, changed the batteries again and all was well for perhaps a month when warning appeared once again.

Clicked on door lock button on fob while inside car and warning disappeared and remained off for a week or two. Did the same when warning reappeared and have continued to do that whenever that warning reappears every few weeks apart with no apparent ill effects.

I can only assume that in some circumstances the signal between the fob and the dash gets blocked temporarily but I haven't figured out how. I guess I only need to be concerned when the warning doesn't go off when I activate a fob button inside the car. Smile

Post #421400 6th Jan 2017 12:37pm
FlyingTrotter

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Key fob and dash warning

Have changed fob battery and it works fine BUT the dash yellow warning still says replace battery - is there some reset needed to clear the warning/alert as it hasn't self cleared

Post #427438 12th Feb 2017 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1