Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Passenger Door Gremilns
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TerryT-J

Wales 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
Passenger Door Gremilns

A couple of weeks ago my passenger door decided it wanted to remain deadlocked and refused to unlock. At the same time the passenger window switch on the drivers door decided to throw in the towel, but the window would work on the passenger door switch. Then, last week the passenger door mirror decided to auto dip when selecting reverse no matter what position the switch was in on the drivers door (its not a function I don't use). I thought "Hmm-Strange!" so I tried the window switch for the passenger door and it worked! So I pressed the central locking switch on the dash a couple of times and the passenger door unlocked! It then proceeds to behave and locked and unlocked from the remote and using the key in the drivers door. Next morning - nothing, back to square one except now the passenger window won't work from either button. Sorry if this seems a bit long winded - I'm beginning to develop a nervous tick with this car! Could this be the BCU throwing a wobbly? would a battery hard reset sort things, or is it a loom problem (the night lights in the door pocket and handle work OK)? Thanks, Terry.

Post #428002 16th Feb 2017 3:02pm
tony1kenobee

England 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I had a similar issue to this . If you fully charge your battery things might settle down. Mine did. At least check the voltage.

Post #428299 18th Feb 2017 8:13pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

BCU

Post #428300 18th Feb 2017 8:21pm
TerryT-J

Can a used BCU be used? I assume it would have to be configured to the car. Would a main stealer have to do this?

Post #428908 23rd Feb 2017 12:57pm
TerryT-J

Sorry to resurrect this but does the BCM control the passenger lock and all things to the passenger mirror? The window now works from the passenger door switch, so I'm now suspecting the switch panel on the drivers door and the locking is a separate problem. Secondly is the BCM the white plastic box under the passenger seat. I've had that out and its nice and clean and dry with no signs of wet/damp in there. Thanks, Terry

Post #431478 17th Mar 2017 11:39am
bebechoon

France 

Yes, it is the white plastic box under the passenger seat:

(mine’s a LHD).

I replaced my BCU (Nov 2004 Td6) with new because I was having intermittent passenger and rear door locking issues, together with heavier steering when that happened. All was fixed with the new BCU and it also seems to have resolved intermittent problems I was having with the rear parking sensors, although I had never made the connection between that and the door unlocking and steering problem.
The BCU I replaced was also clean and dry inside and out (I took it apart out of curiosity!), so that’s not necessarily an indication.

I can’t answer whether the BCU also affects the mirrors but if you look at the wiring diagrams I think you’ll find it controls all sorts of things!

It's "bébéchoon", ackcherly, with accents. 'Steve' to my chums.
20 years ownership of Solihull products, ALL GONE NOW, sniff!
Current motor: Suzuki S-Cross 4WD auto, 1.4 petrol. Oh so reliable! 5 years now and no problems. Oh, all right then, a leaking shocker replaced under guarantee.
Previous:
TD6 HSE L322 Auto FF
2.5 TDi 4-door Classic
Disco II
And my 1st Rangie: in 1995, a 2-door VM 2.5 diesel Classic
Not to mention the Lada Niva before those. (I said not to mention it!)

Post #431485 17th Mar 2017 12:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1