Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Hard to find part any suggestions as to where to ask please?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey
Hard to find part any suggestions as to where to ask please?

I have got a pair of lights for my Range Rover, the lenses are broken on both, I see plenty of complete lights for sale for silly high amounts of money, But I prefer the idea of repairing what I have. I see for the headlights, you can get replacement super easy to fit lenses. So is there anywhere I can get the rear lenses please?

Even maybe somewhere who might be able to make them.

I have a 2002 L322 Range Rover.

Cheers.

Post #429897 3rd Mar 2017 8:05pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Don't think there is a repair sorry, to keep prices down maybe find some with damaged bulb holders? Think there's a set avaliable on a Facebook group I'm on white and red 2006 style for around £200

Post #429899 3rd Mar 2017 8:10pm
green-oval-nut

Cheers, I have got a set of red and clear lights already, 1 of the orange and red lights on my car already has a damaged lens, I have seen someone replace them before by sacrificing orange and red ones, so I guess I need to get my hands on some orange and red ones. I paid less than £15 for the lights I bought with damaged lenses including delivery, but don't want damage the lights on the car further and leave myself with no rear lights lol.

Post #429901 3rd Mar 2017 8:15pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Do you know anyone with a 3d printer or vacuum forming setup? You see alot of lights for sale with damaged lenses but seems no one has found a solution, the lights I'm assuming are legal without the lense as there is no sharp edges

Post #429962 4th Mar 2017 9:24am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

try an arylic forming company, someone who makes plastic stuff and shapes perspex etc into different shapes. they may be able to form you a set of replacement lenses, though I'm not sure of what it will cost. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #429988 4th Mar 2017 6:01pm
Stacker

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

It might be a high cost if you want 1 or two, but if you ordered 1000 to sell the cost will be dramatically reduced per unit, and you can make your money back Wink 

Post #429992 4th Mar 2017 6:08pm
green-oval-nut

I'm not in a position to do that, and after dismantling the Censored light, I have no intentions of fitting new lenses them now. The theory was good, but in practice, an absolute nightmare.

However, As I have already got the lights, I am going to tinker with them and maybe build something a little different that doesn't involve adding the outer lens. However for this idea, I need some more broken lights Laughing

My other half is already getting fed up with me as I have some custom D3 lights I am in the middle of building, I will be customizing some headlights for the L322, Plus custom building the rear lights for the L322, as well as refurbishing and customising a trailer I bought 3 years ago to do Rolling with laughter which has been a garden ornament in 2 properties but has come in handy, and I have a few other non car related projects on the go as well. But in winter, my projects are always on hold. Can't wait to move so I can finally have my little workshop in the back garden. Not bothering here because we are wanting to move.

My only problem with the build I am planning with these lights is working out how to seal the inner lenses to allow the lights to be washed and get water on them without the LED's or bulbs getting wet.

Feeling quite excited.

Post #429993 4th Mar 2017 6:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1