Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Can tow wiring be installed without removing rear bumper???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bcmbcmbcm

United States 2017 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White
Can tow wiring be installed without removing rear bumper???

Hello all,

I have two L405s on order, Supercharged LWB one Meribel White for me and one Borealis Black for my lovely lady.

I messed up and didn't order the tow pack. I have procured a used US Spec rear hitch (tow bar) assembly and will be ordering the tow eye cover and bottom plate from friendly vendors.

Can I install the wiring later or is now the time to do it with the rear bumper removed? I don't really plan on towing. This is mainly for carrying bicycles and stuff. If I do need to hire a trailer from the local u Haul it would be nice to know I can buy the wiring and install it easily.

For all the other vehicles I have owned, I have spent $$ installing hitches only to use them for bikes and only tow 1 time to haul worthless items from one storage unit to another LOL. But I do enjoy towing!

Post #428399 19th Feb 2017 7:02pm
jettec

Australia 2013 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Fuji White

Remove rear fold down flap that drops down to cover the gap between car and lower tailgate,
I think about six bolts then, you can pull carpet back in wheel well if you look down you will see a large bundle of wires that go through a large rubber grommet to the rear of the car outside just behind your bumper this is where the tow wiring goes for towing electrics.
You can pull out this grommet to run your wiring with the bumper still on plenty of access.

Post #430767 11th Mar 2017 2:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1