Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > UPDATE Adjusting AFS headlight on non-AFS TDV8 - how?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ruffy

United Kingdom 
UPDATE Adjusting AFS headlight on non-AFS TDV8 - how?

I think I can answer my own question so thought I'd post it in case it is of use to anyone else. I took a closer look inside the headlight and found that the lens assembly had come off one of the two adjusters (accessible from the top of the light fitting via two Allen keys). Once I had reseated it the alignment was better straight away, and using the two adjusters it is now pretty close to where it should be. The lens still appears to point inwards, i.e. towards the middle of the road, a bit too much but I am hoping that some further fine adjustments will be possible. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know! It also occurred to me, if I fit the headlight to an AFS-enabled RR will this adjust the light to the right position and I can then put it back on mine??

Evening all, I'm after some advice please. I have recently fitted AFS headlights to my 2007 TDV8 (non-AFS) due to damage to one of the originals. The offside works fine however the nearside is out of alignment. How can I adjust this? Can it be done with an IID tool? I have done a couple of searches of the forum but can't find an answer to this specific question. Thanks. 1982 SIII 88” diesel
2007 Discovery 3 V8 S
All gone: 2007 Overfinch TDV8
2007 Supercharged
1991 Vogue SE 3.9 V8
2000 Defender 90 Td5

Post #428417 19th Feb 2017 8:09pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Hi Ruffy,

If you are fitting an AFS headlight to a non AFS enabled car you need to mod the wiring on the headlight loom to give the headlight AFS system power to reboot and reset on start up. PowerfulUK do connectors showing the wiring needed for 2002 to 2006 conversion, but the solution will be the same for a non AFS 2006 car with an AFS headlight.

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

So from the table it looks like you need to give a live feed to pin 14 and earth pin 15 on the headlight connector.

This will give power to the AFS but as you will not have the data line connected it will only reset the alignment rather than move it when you steer.

Tom Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #431387 16th Mar 2017 9:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1